Monday, October 6, 2008

Wanna Go Clubbin'?

Hello! Happy Monday to you! I hope you all had a great weekend. I have one final October set to preview for you before the release tomorrow. It's a C.C. Designs set called Eric and Chrissy Go Prehistoric, and I love it!! Christine is so great about getting input from the Design Team about new sets. She began designing a prehistoric set, and she asked us for suggestions for sentiments. I asked my husband if he could think of anything. His reply was, "How about 'Wanna go clubbin'?'" I laughed and passed on that suggestion to Christine. When she revealed the set to us, that sentiment was in it!! Of course, I HAD to use it for my sample! :)


This set is SO perfect paired with BasicGrey Archaic paper. I added some primitive elements with natural hemp twine and distressing. I stitched around the patterned paper for more texture, and I added a trio of Dew Drops. Prehistoric Eric is colored with Copics, and I sponged around the image panel and sentiment. I took a little creative license with his clothing -- I realize that animal prints aren't green, but I had to coordinate with the paper! ;)

Go to the ATS Blog to see more samples of this set and all the October sets, and find out how you can WIN them! Join us tomorrow night at the ATS Message Board from 8-10 pm EST for a little party before the release! All the October sets will be available at 10 pm tomorrow (Tuesday) night!

That's all I have for today -- thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great day!

Stamps: Eric and Chrissy Go Prehistoric (C.C. Designs) Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black (Tsukineko), True Thyme (SU! retired) Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Whisper White (SU!) Paper: Archaic 6x6 pad (BasicGrey) Other: Ciao markers (Copic), natural hemp twine, Cutter Kit (SU!), Dew Drops (Robins Nest), sewing machine

12 comments:

specialcraftmom4 said...

That is the cutest card!!!! I love the paper (:

Dawn Easton said...

ROFL! The sentiments in this set crack me up!!! Love the one you chose to use too...hehe! We used the same DP ;) Great minds think alike!!

Bonnie said...

Acckkkk! So cute! and that paper is a perfect match!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

This is such a fun set. Love the colors you used, and the brown cording..Awesome!

Scrappychick said...

Eric is too cute! LOVE the sentiment:)

Alex said...

HeeHee - that is totally cute, I love that sentiment!!! What a great card!!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Unknown said...

Wow, you colored him so cute!! Love it!

Molly B said...

Oh he is so cute. I love all of the distressing. Also, Thank you for such nice comments on my blog. -Molly B

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

This is awesome Christina!! I think we all thought 'Archaic' was perfect for this set and I LOVE your little guy and the sentiment! He reminds me of Bam Bam!! Hahaha!

Amy Johnson said...

Such a cute card! I can't believe your hubby thought of such a great sentiment to go with it. What a great sense of humor he must have. I love the papers, the colors, the dew drops and the distressing with this image. Great job!

Anonymous said...

CUTE!!! That patterned paper could not be more perfect!!!

Joy said...

This is toooooo cute! And the paper is PERFECT for this! :)