Friday, October 17, 2008

Christmas Shopping Organizer

Hello! Happy Friday!! Today the ATS Design Team has another "Review Preview" of newly released stamps -- this time it's Sugarplums Christmas. I made a Christmas Shopping Organizer, and here's the step-by-step. Click on any photo for a better view!

Start with an 8 1/2" x 11" piece of cardstock. Score down the middle at 4 1/4", then turn and score again at 3". Turn the cardstock back upright and remove the bottom left panel.

Round the corners (if desired) and add Sticky Strip or other strong adhesive to the sides of the bottom right panel.

Apply designer paper to the inside, then fold up the pocket and adhere.

Now finish the inside! I printed out the Gift List and "Receipts" on the computer. The gifts are from the Sugarplums Christmas Scenery Set. I colored them with Copics and cut them out. I placed an eyelet on the front and back panels to hold the ribbon in place when opened.


Here's the front of the organizer. The tree is also from the Scenery Set, and the sentiment is from Boutique Sentiments by AmyR Stamps. I again colored with Copics, and I added Stickles to the tree ornaments. The brads serve two purposes: they embellish the front and also hold the gift list pages in place on the inside! It will be easy to remove the pages and insert new ones next year!


I hope this gives you some good ideas! Certainly you could do this with any stamps, but these images are perfect, don't you think?!? ;)

Go to my sidebar and see what my Design Teammates are up to -- one of them has a $5 gift certificate to All That Scraps to give away! :) Thank you so much for visiting today! I hope you have a great weekend planned! Have a fantastic day! :)

Stamps: Sugarplums Christmas Scenery Set (C.C. Designs), Boutique Sentiments (AmyR Stamps) Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black (Tsukineko), Baja Breeze (SU!) Cardstock: Old Olive, Real Red, Whisper White (SU!) Paper: Ski Slope (SU!) Other: Copic markers, Xmas Red Stickles (Ranger), eyelets, red satin ribbon (May Arts), Vintage Brads, oval punches, scalloped edge punch (SU!)

13 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

FANTASTIC idea Christina!!! I need to make one of these ;) You rock girl!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

I love this Christina..I agree fabulous idea...Will be making one of these! Have a nice weekend..chris

Anonymous said...

What a great idea, I love it.

Scrappychick said...

Too cute! and you make it so easy with the tutorial!!

Donna Baker said...

what a great idea!

Unknown said...

What a great idea-- definitely will be making one of these!

Allison said...

This is such a great idea! I love it. the colours look great together - so festive.

Karen Hanim said...

I was just looking around your blog to find your name and was resolved that you didn't want it known! But from looking at the comments here it must be that your name is Christina. Forgive me if I am wrong. I just wanted to say that this is really a great idea. I am 58 yrs old and believe me when you get to be my age there are not too many things that you haven't seen before. This really is simple but useful and fun!
Thanks for the idea.

Anonymous said...

Good idea and very nice realization!

Bye from Italy.
Giulia

Katie Cotton said...

This is just such a fabulous idea! Simple and easy to make, but so clever. I know all the shoppers in my family would LOVE it. :)

Anonymous said...

This is so cute, Christina, and such a great idea! I like how you use the ribbon to tie it closed!

inkohoots said...

OOOOhhh I love this project! What a clever idea. I may have to try this one myself.
Thanks for some inspiration!
Chris

Jennifer Love said...

Ooh neat idea! I'm so putting this in my idea notebook to try. :D