Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A Halloween Treat Container

Happy Wednesday! It's time for another ATS Wednesday Challenge. Today's challenge is to make halloween treats.

I decided to make a little pouch to hold some m&ms. I started with a 11" x 4.25" piece of SU! Kiwi Kiss Cardstock. I scored it at 5" and 6", then I scored 1" from the end to make the flap. I stamped the eyes on the flap and cut a window with my Circle Nestabilities. I then embossed the front panel with my Cuttlebug and D'vine Swirls embossing folder. I sponged Basic Black ink on the embossing and around the edges. I colored the images from Spooky Spooky Spooky with Copics, cut them out, and mounted them on dimensionals. Then I added some googly eyes to the spider!

I used a medium flat cello bag from SU! to hold the m&ms. I cut a little bit off the top, filled it, then I folded it over and stapled it closed. I used double-stick tape to attach the bag to the inside of the front panel of the pouch. I punched two holes in the flap and tied some black hemp twine to the top.


This would be a perfect size treat for the kids to take to school for their classmates! It would even be a fun surprise for the mail carrier or bus driver! :)

If you want to play along, use keyword ATSDTC21 when uploading to a gallery. All the Wednesday Challenge projects can be found in the ATS Gallery HERE. All the Challenges are listed in the ATS forum HERE -- play along with any one at any time! :)

That's all for me today! Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a fantastic day! :)

10 comments:

Christi Flores said...

Oh how stinkin' cute is this?!! I love it!!!

Jamie Martin said...

Super cute! What a great idea to emboss the front of the little bag :)

Desain-in said...

Look so cute!

Anonymous said...

what an adorable little gift! I love how you inked the embossed image

Dawn Easton said...

This is adorable Christina! I'm so excited I have more cello bags coming so I can CASE you girl! LOL! Love the embossing you did to the front!!

Jennifer Love said...

How CUTE!! I love the little spooky eyes on it.

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Love how you decorated the bag. Fabulous work! Great idea Christina.

Anonymous said...

Oh, how incredibly CUTE! This is just adorable!! The colorful M&Ms are so much a part of the design. I LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

This is so cute! I love those googlie eyes on the spider!!

Anonymous said...

How adorable! I love that little scared Lucky!