Friday, October 24, 2008

In the meadow we can build a snowman...

Hello, everyone! I'm so glad to be sharing something with you again! On Monday, October 27, AmyR Stamps is releasing three new sets -- and here's a preview! This card was created with Build a Holiday, and the sentiment is from Christmas Sentiments. I have to tell you, Build a Holiday is such a great set! There are shapes and images for creating snowmen, ornaments, Christmas trees, packages, lights -- wherever your imagination takes you! The images are great for coloring or paper piecing, and here I did a lot of paper piecing! :)

I feel like I actually built a snowman! I stamped all the images onto patterned paper (BasicGrey Figgy), and I put them all together. The face, buttons, and twig arms were stamped onto the paper also. I colored his nose with a Copic marker. I mounted the hat and scarf on dimensionals, and I added some Stickles for a little snowy sparkle.

This set is so much fun! If you stop by the ATS Blog, you'll see more fantastic samples and find out how you can win the set! We'll have more to show you all weekend, so be sure to visit my ATS Design Teammates (on my sidebar) to see what they've done with Amy's sets!

Well, I'm off for a day at Keeneland Race Course in Lexington, KY. It's the 10th Anniversary of my husband's company, and we're celebrating with everyone from his office! We're heading down on a bus and staying all day! I think I might be a little tired tomorrow morning... ;)

Have a great day, everyone -- thanks so much for stopping by!

Stamps: Build a Holiday, Christmas Sentiments (AmyR Stamps) Ink: Basic Black, Chocolate Chip (SU!) Cardstock: Sahara Sand, Cool Caribbean, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White (SU!) Paper: Figgy 6x6 pad (BasicGrey) Other: Cuttlebug, Snowflakes embossing folder (Provo Craft); Ice Circles Brads, Felt Flurries, Stampin' Dimensionals, 1/8" handheld punch (SU!); Stardust Stickles (Ranger); white organdy ribbon

12 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Adorable Christina!!! LOL...now you have me singing!
Have a great trip today...sounds fun!

specialcraftmom4 said...

I LOVE this card!!!! Very cute (:

Anonymous said...

Holy moly this is ADORABLE!!! Awesome job, Christina!

Scrappychick said...

Wow! while I am thinking snowmen are cute...you go and create a beautiful card with this whimsical set! LOVE the papers and piecing...breathtaking!

Katie Cotton said...

your card is amazing!!

Christi Flores said...

I just love snowmen!! Your card is adorable!!!

Heather Ulmer said...

wow so pretty! That set does look fun! I love your snowman

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this big ole guy that you built! This looks like such a fun set!

Amy Johnson said...

This is so cute! I love all the layers and the snowflake!

Jennifer Love said...

Neato mosquito! Have fun at Keeneland! Maybe you'll see my parents in Lexington...hehe

Alex said...

Stinkin' adorable Christina, love it!! Now, I have that song stuck in my head, lol! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Anonymous said...

SO cute!! I LOVE all the layers!