Tuesday, October 7, 2008

An (almost) SU! Only Card!

Hi there! Happy Tuesday to you! I took a little break from the C.C. Designs previews to play in today's SCS Color Challenge. The colors are Chocolate Chip, Tangerine Tango, and Kiwi Kiss -- what a gorgeous autumn combination! I thought that Fresh Cuts would be a perfect set to use, and my card quickly became a Stampin' Up! card. The only deviations are the machine stitching and Dew Drops.

I stamped the background image at an angle, then I created a tag to be the focal point. I stamped the leafy image in Tangerine Tango and Kiwi Kiss, stamping off first. Then I stamped the image in Chocolate Chip Craft ink and heat embossed it with Iridescent Ice embossing powder. I sponged around the image and sentiment with Chocolate Chip ink, and I also sponged the edges of the background cardstock.

Here's a closeup of the embossed image. I just love the look of the Iridescent Ice over the Chocolate Chip -- this is definitely my favorite embossing combination!

Don't forget that the October C.C. Designs sets are being released tonight! Join us at the ATS Message Board for a release party from 8-10 pm. The new sets will all be available at 10:00 pm!

Tomorrow I'll be back with my project for the ATS Wednesday Challenge! Thanks for the visit -- have a fantastic day! :)

All products Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Fresh Cuts Ink: Chocolate Chip, Tangerine Tango, Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip Craft Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Tangerine Tango, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White Other: Iridescent Ice EP, heat tool, Jumbo Eyelet, Ticket Corner Punch, Oval Punches, Kiwi Kiss striped grosgrain ribbon, Chocolate Chip taffeta ribbon, stamping sponge, dimensionals, Sunflower Dew Drops (Robins Nest), sewing machine

9 comments:

Alecia Wolfford said...

What a STUNNING card!!!

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous card Christina!!! Love the stitching you added! Very pretty!

Christi Flores said...

OK, I am in LOVE with this card!!! Gorgeous!!!

Stephanie Hargis said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love everything about it! :)

Jamie Martin said...

Absolutely beautiful! The tag looks so nice on the card :)

Desain-in said...

so beautiful...

Jennifer Love said...

Very elegant. Love the colors, too!

Donna Baker said...

what a beautiful card, Christina!

Anonymous said...

How pretty! That embossing is gorgeous!