Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Definitely a Color Challenge!

Has anyone seen my mojo??? I can't seem to find it anywhere! I don't know if it's the change in the weather or just a creative block, but I'm having a hard time getting my creative juices flowing! I thought I'd check out the SCS Color Challenge in hopes of jump starting things, but that didn't exactly happen! These colors are so not "me" -- but I was determined to make it work!!!

I used Pumpkin Pie instead of Tangerine Tango, and that let me use some of my Sweet Always paper. I used my Cuttlebug and Swiss Dots embossing folder on the background. I cut out the flowers, folded up the edges a little, and inserted Old Olive brads through the middle. I inked up the sentiment in Kiwi Kiss, then I wiped off the small flower and the dots. Then I used my Pumpkin Pie and Pixie Pink markers on those parts before stamping.

I'm still not sure about it, but I am glad I accepted the challenge! Tomorrow is the ATS Wednesday Challenge, so I'll have more to share with you then! Thanks so much for stopping by today -- have a fantastic day! :)

All supplies Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.
Stamps: Priceless Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Pumpkin Pie, Pixie Pink Cardstock: Pumpkin Pie, Kiwi Kiss, Pixie Pink, Whisper White Paper: Sweet Always dsp Other: Kiwi Kiss striped grosgrain, paper piercer & mat pack, Old Olive brads, stampin' dimensionals, Cuttlebug & Swiss Dots embossing folder (Provo Craft)

6 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

You totally made it work! This is sooo pretty!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh you got this card working just fine girl!! I like that you used pumpkin because I LOVE that dp!!
When I saw the CC from Emily and made a sample last night...I sort of freaked at the Pixie Pink more...lol

Anonymous said...

You certainly DID make the colors work! It's gorgeous! I love the cut out flowers and all the dots!

Pam Speidel said...

It looks to me like you've definitely found your mojo! Terrific layout and so bright and cheery too! :)

Bonnie said...

This card is great! - (considering the colours today!!-I'm just sayin'-lol!) Sometimes, we just don't see it- fabulous job!!

Unknown said...

I think the card is great and you did a great job putting the colors together!