Monday, October 13, 2008

Inspired by Amy W!

Happy Monday, everyone! I hope you had a great weekend! I made today's card for the "Celebrate Amy W Challenge" on the Verve Stamps forum at SCS. You can read more about it HERE. The challenge is to create a card in the style of Amy Westerman -- bright and happy! I don't often use bright colors, but I DO love my BasicGrey Romani paper, so I decided to play! :)

The images in the Floral Whimsy set are a perfect complement to the patterns in the Romani paper. I paper pieced the vase using the small prints found on the cover sheet of the paper pack. It's a trick I picked up from Michele Boyer -- who, by the way, is a genius! :) I embossed the background with my Cuttlebug and Spots & Dots embossing folder. I did some piercing on the sentiment panel and highlighted "joy" with a Copic marker. It's a fun card, definitely bright and happy! :)

That's it for today! I'm off to tutor and then to do a little housework! Enjoy your day -- thanks so much for visiting! :)

Stamps: Floral Whimsy (Verve Stamps) Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black (Tsukineko); Pretty in Pink, Green Galore, Almost Amethyst, Riding Hood Red (SU!) Cardstock: Riding Hood Red, Almost Amethyst, Whisper White (SU!) Paper: Romani (BasicGrey) Other: scallop edge punch, corner rounder, paper piercer and mat pack, stampin' dimensionals (SU!); Peony Dew Drops (Robin's Nest); green dotted organdy ribbon (May Arts); Cuttlebug, Spots & Dots embossing folder (Provo Craft), Copic marker

9 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Love this card Christina! The colours and layout are fabulous!!!

Anonymous said...

OMGOSH! This is soooooooo cute! I love everything about it! The stamps, layout, embossing, soooo cute!

Jamie Martin said...

So pretty and colorful :)

Heather Ulmer said...

oh its so pretty! I love the bright colours and the cuttlebug embossing

Unknown said...

Just wanted to let you know that you've been selected as the "Showcase Blog of the Week" at http://everythingcricut.blogspot.com. Feel free to copy & paste the logo for your blog.

We want to let you know the we ADORE your creations, and thank you so much for sharing!

--Gracie at Everything Cricut

Ashley Newell said...

Wow, this is gorgeous!

Jennifer Love said...

OH so beautiful! Love the colors...they make me happy. :)

Pam Speidel said...

If I hadn't looked, I would have thought I was on Amy W's blog. You nailed this challenge! Beautiful card with fabulous colors. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how CUTE!!! I love your little paper-pieced vase!!! (And thanks for the compliment...I don't know about "genius" though. I just have moments every now and then. lol)