Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunday Supper: Shepherd's Pie

Hello, everyone! Happy Sunday to you! Today's Sunday Supper recipe comes from Cheryl Salmon. You can find her at her blog, Ink & Paper. I was happy to find this in my email inbox this morning -- thanks so much, Cheryl! :)

Shepherd's Pie
1 cup of cooked ground beef
2 cups mixed frozen veggies
1 can mushroom soup
2 Tbs ketchup
1 tsp Worchestershire sauce
1 tsp beef oxo
a pinch of pepper

Mix all of this together in a bowl then spread into a casserole dish. You can also adjust amounts to suit your needs and tastes, this is just a rough guide.

2 cups of Mashed potatoes for the topping. You can use instant mashed potatoes as well, they taste pretty good. Sprinkle with paprika or I like to top with grated cheese. Top with casserole lid or cover with tin foil.

Bake in a 350 oven for about 45 minutes then remove lid to brown it up a little. Remove when nice and bubbly.


Sounds yummy! I can't wait to try it! Thanks again for sending it, Cheryl! If anyone has a recipe to share, please email it to me! I'm always looking for more quick and easy supper recipes! :) Have a great Sunday, everyone -- spend some family time around the supper table!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Wow, I am honored you posted my recipe. You totally made my day. I love all your creations by the way, you are one very talented lady.

Jennifer Love said...

Now that is a perfectly awesome autumn/winter recipe! :)