Thursday, October 16, 2008

Going Places

Happy Thursday, everyone! Here's a card I made for yesterday's Sketch Challenge at SCS. It's also for the MFT "Who's That Girl Monday Challenge" on the MFT Forum at SCS. The challenge is to use the set Going Places and also to use eyelets on your project.


This was a fun sketch to work with! I used my Fiskars Circle Cutter to make all the circles. I Cuttlebugged the background panel and the red semicircle. The patterned paper is Travel by American Crafts. It just seemed perfect for the card! The plane is colored with Copics, and I sponged Baja Breeze ink around the image circle.

To make the banner, I stamped it, colored it with a Copic marker, and cut it out. Then I bent and curved it in a couple places, and I adhered it only on the right side. It looks like it's really flying off the card!

I knew I wanted to use these star eyelets from CTMH, and they were a great way to make a starry sky! All I needed was a little black satin ribbon to finish the card.

That's it for me today! I'm so glad you stopped by to visit! I hope you have a fantastic day! :)

Stamps: Going Places (MFT) Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black (Tsukineko), Baja Breeze (SU!) Cardstock: Real Red, Basic Black, Baja Breeze, Whisper White (SU!) Paper: Travel (American Crafts) Other: Cuttlebug, Spots & Dots embossing folder, Swiss Dots embossing folder (Provo Craft); Circle Cutter (Fiskars); Ciao markers (Copic); black satin ribbon (May Arts); star eyelets (CTMH); sponge; dimensionals

12 comments:

Sew Club said...

This is great!!!

Dawn Easton said...

Awesome colours Christina!!

Susie said...

What an adorably sweet card. Amazing job, as always.

Cindy Haffner said...

Super job, I love your colors.

Allison said...

This is too cute and I love the colours!

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Adorable...as always perfectly executed!!

Jackie Pedro said...

This is so cute! Love the banner!!

Amy Rohl said...

So fun, cheerful and cute all in one package!

specialcraftmom4 said...

What a neat card!!! Great job (:

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is just awesome!

Amy Johnson said...

I love what you did with this sketch! I love the colors, papers, and putting the plane in the circle, very creative and well done.

Anonymous said...

What a great job on that sketch! I love the red star brads!