Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sunday Supper: A Tasty Side Dish!

Happy Sunday, everyone! For today's Sunday Supper recipe, I have a vegetable side dish to share with you. After all, what's a good supper without a good side dish, right? This recipe came from my mother-in-law. She has served it many times at Fischer family meals, and it's always a hit! I was never a big fan of asparagus before I was married, but my husband has always loved it. This recipe has made a convert out of me! I hope you like it, too! :)

Roasted Asparagus
6 servings

2 lbs. fresh asparagus (as thick as your finger)
1/2 c. butter, melted
4 green onions, chopped
1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. lemon pepper
Pam (or other non-stick spray)

Spray 7"x12" baking dish with Pam. Place asparagus in dish. Top with combined butter and onions. Sprinkle with salt and lemon pepper. Bake, covered, at 425 degrees F for 20 minutes. Cover with parmesan cheese. Cook uncovered for another 10 minutes, until tender and lightly browned.


Do you have any quick and easy recipes you'd like to share? Just email me or comment on this post. With the holidays approaching, we need all the time-saving recipes we can find!

Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a fantastic day! Enjoy the beautiful autumn weather, and be sure to make some time together at the supper table! :)

ETA: Please keep Laurie Schmidlin (Lauraly) and her family in your thoughts and prayers. Her daughter is having tests done in the hospital, and they need lots of love! See this post at SCS for more information.

6 comments:

Jeanette - said...

Christina - that sounds yummy and I do like asparagus. I will definitely try it. I have some easy recipes, I'll try to get a couple together to send you :) Also, thanks so much for sharing the info about Laurie, I didn't know.

carole (TruCarMa) said...

My DH LOVES asparagus -- will definitely be trying your recipe. Another easy way to prepare asparagus:

preheat oven to 450/500 degrees with pan in oven. Wash & trim asparagus, then put in pre-heated pan (I always line mine with foil, btw before preheating). Drizzle with olive oil & balsamic vinegar, then sprinkle with salt and fresh ground pepper. Broil for 15 minutes.

Anonymous said...

sounds delicious and I will be trying this. I am making a really yummy dish in the crockpot as I type. Chicken breasts sprinkled with Good Seasons Italian dressing mix (dry), 1 can cream of soup (your choice, and I use 2 cans for extra creaminess), 3 Tbsp butter and 1 package cream cheese. Cook for 5-6 hours and serve with noodles, rice or broccoli for an "alfredo dish". We love this. Have a great evening.

kareN stampZ said...

Yummy & we have fresh asparagus in the garden. A quickie off the top of my head & perfect for Thanksgiving is to grate pumpkin in a food processor. Saute in butter, with chopped fresh thyme, salt & freshly ground black pepper - very yummy - the fresh thyme does something to the flavour of the pumpkin.

Jennifer Love said...

I'll pass this recipe on to my husband. He LOOOOOOVES asparagus..me? I'd rather eat a wad of dirt first. LOL!

Alex said...

Oooh, this sounds yummy Christina!! I love asparagus as do my kids and dh!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex