Monday, November 17, 2008

Let's Party!

Happy Monday, everyone! Sorry about the late post -- I've been cleaning the house all day so we can have Anna's birthday celebration! We weren't able to do it last night, although she did enjoy a great day -- breakfast with her Daddy (Chris takes all the kids out for a birthday breakfast), and some shopping with Mom! We'll have her grandparents and godparents over tonight for a little cake and ice cream! I think all birthday celebrations should last more than one day, don't you? ;)

Anyway, since I had birthdays on the brain, I made this card for today's challenge at Cornish Heritage Farms -- using Sakura pens. I used a Stardust pen to accent the spots and pom pom on the hat of Owen the Owl. I colored with Copics and did some faux stitching around the image panel. The sentiment is from Birthday Bash. Both stamps are from the Kim Hughes Collection at CHF.


This card is a little brighter and busier than what I usually do, but I think it's fun! :)

Well, I'm off to finish cleaning! Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a fantastic day! :)

Stamps: Owen the Owl, Birthday Bash (CHF) Ink: Rich Cocoa Momento (Tsukineko) Cardstock: Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White (SU!) Paper: Offbeat 6x6 pad (BasicGrey) Other: Copic markers; Stardust pen (Sakura); Cuttlebug, Spots & Dots embossing folder (Provo Craft); flowers (Prima); silver circle brad (Making Memories); Baja Breeze striped grosgrain, Pumpkin Pie striped grosgrain, Riding Hood Red striped grosgrain, paper piercing template, mat pack, Close to Cocoa marker, Stampin' Dimensionals (SU!), stapler

15 comments:

Rachel said...

this is such a cute card!! I like the bright colors you used it makes it fun like a party should be.

milkshake007 said...

Adorable card!

Happy Birthday Anna!!!!

Alex said...

This is absolutely adorable Christina, not busy at all!! I love that cute little owl!!! Have a nice birthday celebration tonight- and I agree, EVERY birthday should last more than one day, lol! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Allison said...

This is too cute! I love the colours - so bright and cheery.

Bonnie said...

Oh man, I love this little guy! I really need to get this set out and use it more often! Bright and fun!!

Anonymous said...

So cute, Christina! Love the ribbon tabs!

Heather Ulmer said...

aww what a cute card! I love the colours and the stamp you used! makes me feel like having a party :)

Jackie Pedro said...

LOVE the fun bright colors!! They work perfectly here! This card is fantastic, Christina!!

nancy said...

What a bright, fun card...it's so cheerful! You've never made a card I didn't love, you're just amazing! I left an award at my blog for you today. Thanks for always being such an inspiration!

hugs, nancy (www.papersmiles.blogspot.com)

Dawn Easton said...

Hope Anna had a FABULOUS birthday!!
I love your card...it is bright and cheery!! FUN!

Anonymous said...

This owl is so cute! Bright and fun is perfect for a birthday card. I love it!

kareN stampZ said...

Ohh he's so sweet & love the ribbons add ons - GORGEOUS

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Such a cute and fun card! Lets party!! My birthday is Sunday!! I am so there!

Christi Flores said...

OMG this card is FANTASTIC!!!!

Amy Johnson said...

Such a cute card.I love the ribbon treatment, cb ef, and the primas!