Thursday, November 6, 2008

A Delicious Day!

Happy Thursday! Today's preview is of the set Cupcake Occasions by Cookie Crumbs, illustrated by Diane Zechman. Cupcakes are all the rage right now, and this set is full of adorable cupcake toppers for any occasion or season! Seriously, they are SO cute! I used this week's SCS Sketch Challenge 201 for my layout.

I wanted to play with all the images in the set, but I needed a birthday card for my niece, so I used this fun swirly frosting image for my cupcake top. First I stamped the candles, frosting and bottom on the cardstock. Then I stamped the frosting and bottom again on the patterned paper and cut them out. I colored the candles with Copics and sponged a "glow" around them with SU! YoYo Yellow ink. Then I attached the cut out pieces, mounting the frosting on dimensionals. I added some Stickles to the candle flames for a little sparkle.


Perhaps the best part of this card is the way it SMELLS! I brushed Cupcake Card Scents on the cupcake image, and it smells like it just came out of the oven! YUM! :)

Go to the ATS Blog to see some other samples of this set and to see how you can win it! I'll have another set to show you tomorrow -- it's definitely a busy preview week! Thanks for stopping by today -- have a wonderful day! :)

Stamps: Cupcake Occasions (CookieCrumbs) Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black (Tsukineko), YoYo Yellow (SU!) Cardstock: Riding Hood Red, Brocade Blue, Whisper White (SU!) Paper: Cupcake 6x6 pad (BasicGrey) Other: Riding Hood Red striped grosgrain, Brocade Blue brads (SU!), Stardust Stickles (Ranger)

12 comments:

diane zechman said...

This card totally rocks, Christina! I love your patterned paper frosting!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Wow!! Christina this card is so fabulous, the colors, layout, ribbon! So yummy and fun!

Carolyn King said...

Beautiful...love that dp with cupcakes! And it SMELLS like cupcakes---wow--awesome. Better be sure not to eat it!

Scrappychick said...

What a fun card! I love the "sprinkles" on the cupcake!
Cyndi

Anonymous said...

This is cute!! I love the candle glow and the fun papers. Diane has been a busy girl!

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely darling! I love everything,the stamp, colors, paper, soooo cute!

Amy Johnson said...

Cute card! I love the papers and colors you used with the image. Great job!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh yummy! I love this set too and I know how yummy it smells! I had to order the cupcake scent because of you ;) lol

Katie Cotton said...

i love this card! it's just fab! I could totally eat that cupcake!

Alex said...

What a great cupcake card Christina, I love the colors!! Yummy! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Jennifer Love said...

I GOTTA get me some of that scented stuff for my cards!

Fun card!

Toni K said...

What a cute card! I love that paper. Great frosting idea!