Wednesday, November 19, 2008

An Acetate Challenge!

Happy Wednesday! Today's ATS Wednesday Challenge is to use acetate. You can make a card or container out of acetate or find ways to use acetate on your project.

I love Heidi Swapp Ghost Shapes, and the snowflakes are so much fun to use this time of year. I got to thinking... what if I made my own? I had recently purchased a pack of write-on transparency sheets at Staples (I used one for my nutty project HERE). Well, I took my Cuttlebug and the 2" Asterisk die, and I cut "snowflakes" from one of the sheets. The sheets are thin, so it cut pretty easily. I did run it back and forth through the machine a few times to be sure it cut all the way through. There were still a couple stubborn spots, but I just went over them with my craft knife and they came out fine!

I added some Gemstones to the centers and attached them with Glue Dots. I also put a couple stones in the corner of the image panel. I took one more stone, colored it with a red Copic marker, and put it in the drink for a little cherry bling! The card background was stamped with SU! White Craft ink and heat embossed with Iridescent Ice EP. I colored the reindeer with Copics and added highlights with a Inkssentials opaque pen.

I had forgotten how much I love the images from this set, Reindeer Games. The reindeerettes are fun and flirty, and the sentiments are great, too! :)

If you'd like to play in the acetate challenge, use keyword ATSDTC27 when uploading to a gallery. You can post your creations in the ATS Wednesday Challenge gallery HERE -- remember, Christine and Amy are always searching the gallery to find Guest Designers! Design Team challenge projects will be posted on the ATS Blog later on today, so stop by to see them!

Thanks for the visit -- I really appreciate it! Have a fantastic Wednesday!

Stamps: Reindeer Games (C.C. Designs) Ink: Rich Cocoa Momento (Tsukineko), White Craft (SU!) Cardstock: Real Red, Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White (SU!) Paper: Ski Slope (SU!) Other: Cuttlebug, Asterisk 2" die (Provo Craft); Iridescent Ice EP, heat tool, Chocolate Chip taffeta ribbon, stampin' dimensionals (SU!); Gemstones (Hero Arts); Ciao markers (Copic); Inkssentials opaque pen



11 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Oh how cute are those reindeer!! I almost used one yesterday too...lol
Love your acetate shapes you created...I have been saving clear plastic too so I can make my own!

Adorable Christina!

Allison said...

This is so cute! Love the acetate shapes. I think I'll have to try that too now.

Jeanette - said...

What a fun card Christina! I love the reindeer too. Great idea to cut your acetate with your dies!

Christi Flores said...

OMG what a fun and adorable card!! I love it!!

diane zechman said...

so cute! I think I have one of the reindeer...I need to try it out! Love your acetate snowflake!

Renée said...

how fab is this!? I love it!!

Alex said...

Okay, this is stinkin' adorable - I love what you did with the acetate, how very creative!! I know it works well in my Big Shot, so I need to try it!!! Love your card Christina, too too cute! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Bonnie said...

Those reindeer are so cute! and great tip on the acetate snowflakes!! I always get so caught up on buying everything, I forget I could make my own!

Amy Johnson said...

What a great idea! Its a lot cheaper than buying the acrylic shapes. Thanks.

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

He is having so much fun! Cute design!

Anonymous said...

Love those asterisks! I don't know why but I never thought to make my own shapes using acetate. Thanks for the inspiration!