Wednesday, November 26, 2008

ATS Challenge: Christmas Ornaments

Happy Wednesday, everyone! Today's ATS Challenge is to make Christmas ornaments. It couldn't come at a better time, because I'm one of those "Put up the tree the weekend after Thanksgiving" girls!!! ;)

I found this paperboard star ornament at Michaels sometime last year and never got around to altering it. It was the perfect base for my ornament. I covered it with paper from Flair Design and sanded the edges. I stamped, colored and cut out the rocking horse from Sugarplum North Pole by C.C. Designs, and I mounted it on dimensionals. The sentiment on the bottom is from Christmas Sentiments by AmyR Stamps. I embellished with a trio of buttons, gold cord, and some Icicle Stickles around the edge.

We'd love to see your ornaments, too! Use keyword ATSDTC28 when uploading. Be sure to upload to the Wednesday Challenge Gallery at ATS, because Christine and Amy are always on the hunt for guest designers! :) The Design Team challenge projects will be on the ATS Blog later on today -- check them out if you get a chance!

Tomorrow begins a busy weekend -- not only is it Thanksgiving here in the US, but it's the first day of previews for the new ATS releases! The sets are full of wintery fun -- I think you'll love 'em! Thank you so much for visiting today -- I hope you have a fantastic day! :)

Stamps: Sugarplum North Pole (C.C. Designs) Christmas Sentiments (AmyR Stamps) Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black (Tsukineko), Basic Black (SU!) Paper: Let It Snow (Flair Design) Other: Copics, sanding block, buttons, gold cord, Icicle Stickles, dimensionals

6 comments:

Carolyn King said...

This is awesome. I love homemade ornaments!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Joy said...

so cute your handmade ornament! I love the horse! great job!

diane zechman said...

LOVE your ornament Christina!

Anonymous said...

Super-cute ornament, Christina! Can't wait to see your previews!

Jackie Pedro said...

So adorable, Christina!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Bonnie said...

How cute is this Christina!! Fabulous and perfect!