Thursday, November 20, 2008

Simple Stamping!

Hello! Today I have some very simple stamping to share with you! This weekend I am on a team giving a retreat to about 25 women. The team (18 women and 2 male spiritual directors) has been in formation for about 9 months, and I have come to really care for and admire all of them. I wanted to give each of them something, so I made these bookmarks.

This design serves three purposes: it's easy to mass produce, I can write a little note on the back, and there won't be any bulk inside the book when it's closed. I did two versions -- female and male -- and the whole process probably took about an hour. I used a pre-packaged set of bookmarks I found at my LSS for 99 cents. The sentiment on all of the bookmarks is one of the Plain Janes from Verve Stamps.

Thanks for taking a look at my simple bookmarks -- I hope it gave you some ideas for your own simple stamping! I have some posts scheduled for this weekend, so I hope you'll stop back. I'll be back Sunday evening, and then it's time to prepare for Thanksgiving!!

Have a great day, everyone -- thanks so much for the visit! :)

Stamps: Plain Janes (Verve Stamps), Houndstooth bg (SU!), Large Polka Dot backgrounder (CHF) Ink: Basic Black, Sahara Sand, Soft Sky (SU!) Accessories: Kraft taffeta ribbon, black hemp twine, Soft Sky stitched grosgrain (SU!); black dotted organdy ribbon (May Arts)

8 comments:

Alex said...

These are awesome Christina - how thoughtful!! They will love them! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Tricia T said...

How pretty! I just saw those verses on the Verve site yesterday and was trying to think up an excuse to buy them. :)

Anonymous said...

What a lovely gift for your friends, sure to be appreciated!

nancy said...

These are so pretty! Nice job with making simple look really good. Your choice of scripture and papers is lovely :)

Bonnie said...

Another fabulous idea! Such a wonderful quick and easy gift! Your retreat sounds so great - wish I was coming..........

Keri Lee Sereika said...

These are so great! A bookmark is a VERY USEFUL gift I have to say...I can't ever seem to have ENOUGH of them! LOL

Jackie Pedro said...

Beautiful bookmarks!! What a wonderful and thoughtful gift, IMO!! Have a great weekend!

Christi Flores said...

Beautiful Christina!! Awesome gifts!