Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A Color Challenge and More Exciting News!

Hello! Happy Tuesday! Here is my card for today's Color Challenge at SCS -- Going Gray, Really Rust, and Very Vanilla. The image and sentiment are from a cling mounted set by American Art Stamp. I colored with Copics and sponged around the image and sentiment with Really Rust ink. I also sponged Really Rust over the embossed background to make it pop. I pierced the scallops for a little extra texture.


Now, for my exciting news! I am now a member of the American Art Stamp Design Team!! Michelle announced it on the AAS Blog today, so I can now tell all of you! I am truly humbled to have been chosen -- the team is full of some of my stamping heros! :) I'm so excited to be able to share the fun AAS images with you -- I hope you'll love them as much as I do!

This has been an amazing week for me so far -- I feel so blessed to be able to have such great opportunities! It just goes to show that if you keep at it, good things will happen! I truly have much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving, and all of you are part of that! :)

I'll be back tomorrow with the ATS Wednesday challenge, and then the previews for the November ATS releases start Thursday! Thank you SO much for visiting today -- have a fantastic day! :)

Stamps: Fall (AAS) Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black (Tsukineko), Really Rust (SU!) Cardstock: Really Rust, Going Gray, Very Vanilla (SU!) Paper: Fall Flowers dsp (SU!) Other: Ciao markers (Copic); scallop edge punch, scallop circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, Basic Gray taffeta ribbon, vintage brads, stampin' dimensionals, stamping sponge (SU!); Cuttlebug, Birds and Swirls embossing folder (Provo Craft)

17 comments:

Christi Flores said...

Congratulations sweetie!!! Your card is adorable!!!

Susie said...

Congratulations! You do such lovely things and will be a great asset to them.

Donna Baker said...

that's FANTASTIC, Christina! congratulations - your card is cute

Tricia T said...

Congratulations!!! That's fabulous, Christine!! Enjoy!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Congrats girl...You have so much exciting design news this week. Love the details...great job with this challenge...Happy thanksgiving to you and your family! chris

Alex said...

WOW!! This has been a week full of GREAT news for you, my friend - I am so happy for you! You have tremendous talent Christina as evidenced by this gorgeous card! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Bonnie said...

Whoot!! Whoot!! Wonderful for you Christina! Of course, you naturally deserve it - were you just bursting at the seams??!! I would have been!! Love your Turkey card !!

Janine said...

Hey Christina!! Great job on this card!!! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving from all of us up in Canada.!!!

Jackie Pedro said...

You're on fire!! LOL! Congratulations, Christina!!

Love your card!!

Sew Club said...

Love this, Christina!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Congrats to you girl!!! This card is stunning!!

Bethany Paull said...

Congrats on the AAS team. I love those stamps! And your card is so totally cute.

Dawn Easton said...

Yeah! Congrats Christina!!! Love the card. AAS is lucky to have you on their team! Can't wait to see your fab creations!

Cindy Haffner said...

Congrats Christina, you will have so much fun with these images. Love your card, what fun.

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! You've chosen the perfect mix of these colors.

Amy Johnson said...

congratulations for being chosen for the design team. I love you card. The image is so funky and fresh, love the layout, colors, dp and cb ef. Great job!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Christina! That's such exciting news! You're a fabulous addition to their team!