Thursday, November 13, 2008

Quickie Cupcakes!

Hello, and Happy Thursday! Today's card is one I made for yesterday's Sketch Challenge at SCS, as well as the MFT What's Up Wednesday challenge to do paper piecing. Joanne shared a great tutorial on using a Quickie Glue Pen for paper piecing -- she also used it for heat embossing! I use my Quickie all the time for my paper piecing, but I NEVER thought to use it when I heat emboss. I did it here, though -- I drew with the glue pen along the frosting lines, applied Iridescent Ice embossing powder to the glue, and zapped it with my heat tool! It's difficult to see in the photo, but it's there (click on it if you want a better view)!! It opens up a lot of possibilities, especially when I want to emboss on a small area! Thanks, Joanne! :)

The rest of the card is pretty straightforward -- I colored the frosting with Copics, paper pieced the paper liners, and did some Cuttlebug embossing. I used some Glitter Dots for the cherries. This Summer Picnic paper is just so much fun -- it totally made the card! :)

That's all for today! Thanks so much for visiting -- I really appreciate it! Have a wonderful day! :)

Stamps: It's a Cupcake Kind of Day! (MFT) Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black (Tsukineko) Cardstock: Old Olive, Real Red, Whisper White (SU!) Paper: Summer Picnic dsp (SU!) Other: Ciao markers (Copic); Cuttlebug, Spots & Dots embossing folder, Swiss Dots embossing folder (Provo Craft); Ruby Slippers Glitter Dots (Jesse James); red satin ribbon (May Arts); dimensionals, heat tool, Iridescent Ice EP (SU!); Quickie Glue Pen

12 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

OHHHHH super yummy looking card Christina....fabulous!

Alex said...

Cute and yummy Christina! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Bev J. said...

What pretty cupcakes and I like the angel Chrismas cards you created-cute. tfs

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is gorgoeus!! Love it!!

Allison said...

This is gorgeous! I love the colours and the way you coloured the cupcakes!

Juanita said...

Yummy looking cupcakes! Thanks for pointing me toward that tutorial.

Jackie Pedro said...

This card just rocks....love everything about it!! Beautiful coloring!!

Joy said...

yummy...I love cupcakes...more to see then to eat...but my daughter loves all of them! I think that cupcakes are so sweet. Thanks so much for sharing with me!

Heather Ulmer said...

wow it's so beautiful I could eat it! except that I know its paper.. I love the sparkle

Katie Cotton said...

LOVE this!

Anonymous said...

Cute!! Love those sparkly dots for the cherries!

Amy Johnson said...

What an adorable card! I LOVE how the dp matches the CB EF so well!