Monday, November 24, 2008

MFT Monday!

Hi there, everyone! Happy Monday to you! I have a card for today's MFT Who's That Girl Monday Challenge. The challenge is to use the set Nature Calls, and to use scraps of patterned paper. I had plenty of scraps of my beloved BasicGrey Figgy paper, so of course I used 'em!

Well, I decided to turn the moose from the set into a Christmas Moose! I used the ornament from another MFT set, Merry Christmas, and I hung it from his antler. I also had a little fun with the sentiment. I inked up part of a sentiment from the set Merry Christmas, then I crossed out the "mas" and added "Moose" from What's Your Sign?. I colored the image with Copics, and I sponged the edges of the image panel with SU! Soft Sky ink. I did a little machine stitching and embellished with ribbon and SU! Felt Flurries snowflakes.

I have some exciting news to share with you! Kim van der Sanden, the MFT Lady herself, asked me to be part of the MFT December Design Team! Some members of her DT are taking December off, so she needed someone to show off the December sets! I couldn't be more honored or excited!! Check out Kim's announcement on SCS HERE to see which talented ladies I'll be working with!

That's all for today! It's a busy week -- I'll have some Thanksgiving projects to share, plus the previews for the C.C. Designs November releases start Thursday! I hope you'll stop back to see them! Thanks so much for the visit today!!! :)

Stamps: Nature Calls, Merry Christmas, What's Your Sign? (MFT) Ink: Rich Cocoa Momento (Tsukineko) Cardstock: Riding Hood Red, Whisper White (SU!) Paper: Figgy 6x6 pad (BasicGrey) Other: Ciao markers (Copic); Riding Hood Red striped grosgrain, Felt Fluries snowflakes, vintage brads, stampin' dimensionals (SU!)

11 comments:

Cathy Rulli said...

Congrats Christina!!!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Congrats Christina. Could not happen to a nicer person. Enjoy your time.I know you do awesome work and this moose card is stunning!

Jackie Pedro said...

This card is A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!! I love the colors and the sentiment....

I was wondering why you weren't on the DT for MFT...so congratulations!!

Alex said...

Oooh, congrats to you Christina, that is fabulous news!!! You so deserve it!! I love this cutie - it totally makes me smile! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Bonnie said...

Way to go!! You have such an excellent way with these stamps! Love your Christmoose!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so stinkin cute!! Can't wait to play along with you!!

Dawn Easton said...

So super cute Christina...love that you turned the moose into a Christmas card!

Pat said...

Hi Christina...I admire all of your beautiful cards and thanks for sharing all of your yummy recipes! I left a surprise for you on my blog.

Donna Baker said...

not surprised at all, your stuff rocks, Christina! congratulations. love your Christmoose card - ha ha

Alyssa S said...

Congratulations! MFT is very lucky to have you :o)

Anonymous said...

Wow, Christina!! You're going to be a busy girl!! I'm so happy for you! You do fabulous things with MFT, this card included! Love the snowflakes!