Wednesday, January 28, 2009

When Life Hands You Snow...

You make snowman cards! We're in the middle of a big snow storm -- several inches of snow, followed by ice, followed by several more inches of snow! Here are some photos of what I woke up to this morning...

This first photo was taken from my front porch. Look at all the ice on the tree!

Here's a view from my back door, looking across the deck.

This is the second day my kids have been off school, so it's a little crazy around here! I finally managed to sneak downstairs and stamp last night. Here's the card I made for yesterday's SCS Color Challenge -- Garden Green, Pacific Point and Baja Breeze. I wasn't loving this combo when I first saw it, but it really has grown on me! I used the set A Scarf for Three by MFT Presents, illustrated by Stephanie Fizer. The DP is Ski Slope by SU!. I colored with a combination of Copics and a blender pen & SU! inks. The hats are paper pieced with the DP.

My next card is for today's ATS Wednesday Challenge, Brads Galore. I used 14 brads along the scallops -- I don't think I have ever had that many brads on a card before! The images are from Winter Bear by C.C. Designs, and the paper is from the Be Merry collection by My Minds Eye. I colored with Copics, and I used some Icicle Stickles for the snow. The center snowman is popped up on dimensionals.

If you want to play along with the brads challenge, use keyword ATSDTC34. Then upload it to the Challenge Gallery so we can see it! Go HERE to see a list of all the challenges -- play along at any time!

Well, that's it for today! I'm going to drink my coffee and watch the snow fall! Hopefully I'll get some stamping done, too! Thanks for visiting today -- I'm so glad you stopped by!

Have a great day!
Christina

10 comments:

Jessie/knightrone said...

We woke up to a TON of that, but luckily we didn't get nearly the amount of ice that you all did. SUPER cute cards though...I love snowmen!!

Unknown said...

So far, I think you're winning on the brads galore!! 14!! Great job!!

Marja Sch said...

The snowpics are wonderful. Your snowmen are fabulous. I hope you enjoy winter. Hugs Marja

Alex said...

Oooh, these are adorable Christina!! I love that second one, that image is too cute and love all the brads! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Tracy said...

Dang girl! I almost fell over when I saw how many brads you used. Great job!! I said a big OH! when I saw your card on the ATS blog this morning. Everything about it is fantastic! The brads are subtle too. You rocked this challenge Christina!

Have a great day!
Tracy

Heather Ulmer said...

haha wow so many brads! super sweet snowmen samps! love it =)

Jackie Pedro said...

These are so cute! I LOVE the little snowmen on the second card!! Be safe in all that snow and ice!

Bev J. said...

Both cards are cute-like the scarf image! tfs

Allison said...

Super cute cards!
Hope it's warming up some now.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that WAS a lot of ice! EEK! LOVE your snowmen cards! I especially like the little popped up snowman on the bottom card!