Thursday, January 29, 2009

Hay, Chick!

Hello! Happy Thursday! We're still in a deep freeze here -- my kids are off school again today. The temps won't get above freezing for several days, so it looks like the ice and snow are here to stay for a while!

Yesterday I got a chance to play with Jen del Muro's Sketch for You to Try. I haven't done one in forever -- she always has the best sketches! The images are from Anna Wight's set Crazy for Chickens by Whippersnapper Designs. I am a BIG fan of Anna's images, and I don't get to ink them up nearly enough! I stamped the checker border directly onto the Daisy D's paper, and I also stamped a path with the chicken feet, although it didn't show up well against the dp. I colored with Copics and sponged around the circle.

It was a fun sketch and a fun stamp set, so it was a fun card to make! There will be more fun tomorrow, because we're starting previews of the February All That Scraps releases! I hope you'll stop back to see! Thanks so much for visiting today!

Have a great day!
Christina

Stamps: Crazy for Chickens (Whippersnapper Designs) Ink: Momento Rich Cocoa (Tsukineko) Cardstock: Always Artichoke, So Saffron (SU!) Paper: French Market Swatches (Daisy D's) Other: Ciao markers (Copic); Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders); scalloped ribbon (May Arts); Vintage brads (SU!); sponge, dimensionals

8 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Adorable Christina!! Love the image and the warm designer papers you used.
Keep warm!

Bonnie said...

So cute! You KNOW I love chickens! and that dp is perfect - so warm and cozy!

Bonnie said...

I forgot to tell you I left a little tag for you - it's a fun one!

Alex said...

How cute Christina, what a fun image!! Love the dp you used, just beautiful! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Nancy Riley said...

totally adorable design! I love the rustic country look you achieved!

Jeanette - said...

Oh my gosh, this is adorable and the paper you used is so perfect!!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is totally cute..I just LOVE that paper!

Anonymous said...

That Daisy D's paper is perfect with the chicken! So cute!!