Monday, January 19, 2009

Decorated Hearts

Hi there! Happy Monday to you! My weekend got away from me, and I realized last night that I didn't post a Sunday Supper recipe --I'll be sure to have one for you next week! Thank you all so much for your comments on my new stamping space. I'm really enjoying it, and I mean it -- you're welcome to stamp next to me any time! :) For today, I have a Valentine card made with Decorated Hearts by American Art Stamp. I paired it with this yummy Bittersweet paper, and I think they go together so well!

I stamped the image in Colorbox Razzberry ink. Instead of coloring it, I decided to heat emboss it with Iridescent Ice embossing powder. The photo doesn't do it justice -- it is much prettier IRL! I sponged all the edges with Close to Cocoa ink, and I added a row of Dew Drops to the bottom.

All my kids are off school today because of Martin Luther King Day, so I'm off to spend some time with them! Thank you so much for stopping by!

Have a fantastic day!
Christina

Stamps: Decorated Hearts, Love Grows (American Art Stamp) Ink: Colorbox Razzberry (Clearsnap): Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip (SU!) Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Purely Pomegranate (SU!) Paper: Bittersweet 6x6 pad (BasicGrey) Other: Circle Nestabilities, Tag Trio (Spellbinders); Cuttlebug, Swiss Dots embossing folder (Provo Craft); Poinsettia Dew Drops (Robins Nest), scalloped ribbon (May Arts); Iridescent Ice EP, heat tool, copper cord, stamping sponge, dimensionals (SU!)

3 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Great card Christina, love the rich colours and all the sponging!

Jeanette - said...

Gorgeous Christina - those papers are perfect for that image!!

Anonymous said...

So pretty, Christina! I love the colors and sponging!