Saturday, January 3, 2009

Kisses and Hugs

Happy Saturday, everyone! Today I'm previewing a new C.C. Designs Itzie Inkies set called Kisses and Hugs. Christine has done it again with adorable characters -- a pig, a bunny, and a bear!

For my first project, I did a version of a 2-4-6-8 box. It is 2" wide and 4" tall. Instead of closing the top, I created a top "cuff" that was scored, scalloped and folded over to leave the box open. The dp is from the Be Merry collection by My Mind's Eye. I used a small Rectangle Nestabilities to cut the window out of the middle panel before I assembled the box. Then I filled a cello bag with kisses and put it in the box!

Here's a closeup of the tag. I colored with Prismacolor Pencils and OMS, then I added Stardust Stickles to the wings and halo. I sponged around the image and the sentiment with SU! Kiwi Kiss ink.

My second project is a card made with SU! Sweet Always dsp. I *love * this paper -- the color combination just screams chocolate candy! :)

I colored with Copics, sponged the edges, and added Cotton Candy Stickles to the wings. I also added a few highlights with an Inkssentials white gel pen. There are Peony Dew Drops in the centers of the Prima flowers.

Be sure to stop by the ATS Blog today to see more Design Team samples! All of the new sets will be available Monday, January 5 at All That Scraps!

I'm so glad you stopped by today! Thank you so much!

Have a wonderful Saturday!
Christina

13 comments:

Jeanette - said...

Christina - these are adorable!!! I love the bunny one especially, you're right, those colors do scream chocolate. I love your layout too. So sweet!

Anonymous said...

Awww...these are both just totally adorable! Love those papers!

Silli said...

Christina, your cards are so sweet. I love your coloring! Great job. Many thanks for the inspirations! Hugs from Germany!

Tracy said...

What a fantastic treat box Christina! My DD is sitting here asking me to make her one. Your card is too, too cute for words. I really *heart* the green & pink color combo. Can you come over and rub some of your mojo on me!

Have a great weekend!
Tracy

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my goodness, so much cuteness going on here Christina!!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

OMGosh, these are both just too cute!!

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

These are so sweet Christina!! I simply adore the box and tag!!!

Carolyn King said...

what an awesome box and card. Love that dp! The colors on both projects are so springlike and fun! Love em!

Ifat Art said...

Those projects are soooo cute!
I especially love the card. The colors are awesome!

IfatArt

Amy Johnson said...

These are so adorable! I love the colors and papers and the layout of the card. Great job!

Bev J. said...

Both are really cute and pretty-love the pig angel and also the pretty dp. tfs

Suzanne J Dean said...

So, so cute--love 'em all! Great job on these!

hugz,
Suzanne

Anonymous said...

Christina, these are fantastic. I absolutely love it. The box is a great idea for gift, filled in with something cute and sweet. I never thought that I’ll love pigs. It all changes now when I look at the cute little pink pig you've draw. That’s adorable!! The card is my favorite. The use of colors is amazing! Brown and pink is the most beautiful combination of colors in the world, and it’s definitely screams chocolate candy! I’m waiting for more creative card from you. Thank you very much honey.