Saturday, January 17, 2009

My New Space!

Hello! I have photos of my new craft space to share with you! Before you take the tour, I probably need to give you a little background...

This was my stamping area before construction. It is on the left side of our office in the basement. Chris has his area directly behind mine on the other wall. The problem was that my stuff started to take over everything, including his side, and I had nowhere to go with all of it. I was using a 6' table placed in front of our storage closets, and it blocked the two sets of folding doors. The only way into the storage closets was through a door to another small storage area (to the right of the bookcase) and around the back through a narrow opening. My stuff was just piling up everywhere, as you can clearly see!!

So, we moved all my stuff into the main area of the basement and cleared out the storage closets. We moved most of what was in the storage closets either to the area inside the other door or up to the attic. We ended up with a large donation pile, and we threw a lot away, too!

Here are the empty storage closets...


...and here they are as my new stamping space!!! :)


The other photos were at an angle, so now I'll show you each side head-on. Here is the left side, where I have my sewing machine, laptop, and cutting & embossing tools. There is another shelf above the one holding my stamps, and I have more stamp sets and some of my unloved scrapbooking materials up there.

And here's the right side, where I have most of my stamping materials. There is plenty of open shelving above and below the counter on both sides, and there is a set of drawers in the center. The drawers hold most of my embellishments and all of my C.C. Designs/All That Scraps stamp sets! The file cabinet on the lower right holds my SU! cardstock.

Here's a view looking from left to right behind the folding doors. I have plenty of room in there, even if the doors were closed on me! ;)

Finally, here is my cardstock storage system. I have them filed by color family in the top drawer. The bottom drawer holds the neutrals and In Colors. Can you tell I just replenished my Old Olive and Chocolate Chip?? ;)

Well, that's it! I am SO thankful to Chris for this amazing gift! I know it was just a teeny bit selfish on his part -- after all, he got his space back, and now he can shut me in the closet!! *LOL* Seriously though, it is a joy to come down here each morning! Since there are two stations side-by-side, it sure would be fun to have a friend stamping next to me, so let me know if you're ever in the Greater Cincinnati or Northern Kentucky area! :)

Thanks so much for letting me share my new space with you! Now, I'm off to enjoy a little stamping there!

Have a great day and a fantastic weekend!
Christina

30 comments:

Bonnie said...

Oooooo!! How wonderful! There is nothing better than a new craft space and a cleaned up one at that! This is awesome Chris!

Tammy Hershberger said...

I'll be there in 4-5 hours!!! :)

Nancy Riley said...

Your new space is awesome, Christina! I bet you want to be in there 24/7!

Susie said...

Very nice! So organized and tidy. Will be a joy to create in, I'm sure.

Dawn Easton said...

ACK! I'm going to plan a trip soon...just so you and I can stamp together!!! How cool is this space?! I love that you have doors to close it off...your husband did a wonderful job Christina!

Jeanette - said...

What a great space Christina! I love your countertops too. Your space looks so nice and inviting. Yay Chris!!!

Marcie Sharp said...

Ooo I'm jealous! I just love how neat and organized everything is. Lucky you!!

Jackie Pedro said...

What a wonderful birthday present!! I'm booking a flight right now so I can come stamp!! LOL!

Juanita said...

This is a fabulous space, and such smart use of that closet.

Jessica said...

Wow, how neat! That is some amazing use of closet space.

Susan said...

Your space is absolutely gorgeous. Mine looks like your "before" pictures. Do you think Chris could come to AZ and help get me organized?

Tricia T said...

Gorgeous! I'd love to come stamp with you!! :)

Ann said...

Congrats on your new space. I have one of the bedrooms upstairs so when we get company the only spair bed is down stairs. I have been contemplating moving my stamp room downstairs as I would have more room. Your DH did a nice job of relocating you enjoy your new space. Ann Lind

kareN stampZ said...

lucky you - I need to go get some more bookcases to store the stamp sets - amazing new year - new start - love that you can close the doors on the mess - bliss

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new space! Enjoy every minute!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Wow this is so cool, enjoy it!!! Where do you live...I am in Southern Illinois you know...that is dangerously close to Northern KY, LOL!!

Joani McDonald said...

Oh how wonderful! You must be so happy! Jealous, me ~ YES!
I see we are "almost" neighbors. I'm in Georgetown, KY.
Love your blog BTW - you do awesome work!
Hugs,
Joani

~* Jay Jay *~ said...

WOW what an fanstastic area! I really love your new craft space!!

Cathy Rulli said...

Great space Christina!!!! Lucky you, now we're going to see even more amazing creations!!!! Wish I could join you but it would be too long a drive!!!!
Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Oh your new space if fantastic! How wonderful for you!

Janneke said...

What a great new craftplace you have .... I wish a lot of hours in it ;)

X Janneke

Christi Flores said...

Girl, I am SO jealous and SO happy for you!! This is a fantastic space!

Marisa said...

ENJOY!!! Look forward to seeing the creations that come out of this improved space :)

Unknown said...

How wonderful for you!
-Cher

Bev J. said...

Your husband did a great job creating your own space! Congrats to you both!

Pegg S said...

What a fabulous new scrap area -- enjoy it!! Very funny - I was just thinking the other day that Choco Chip and Old Olive are my 2 favorite colors!!

Lenoria said...

Your craft area is fantastic and you have it so organized! Congratulations and it was a wonderful gift and a very enjoyable one.

Tracy said...

Ohhhhh Christina, I'm drooling over here. What an AWESOME work space you have. It sure looks like you paid your dues girl! LOL!

Thanks for sharing the great pixs!

Hugs,
Tracy

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! That is such a GREAT work area! Congrats, Christina! (I love that counter top!)

specialcraftmom4 said...

This is just wonderful!!!! I think craft rooms in closets work the best! I love having things at arms reach (: