Friday, January 23, 2009

Another Review Preview!

Happy Friday, everyone! It's been a busy week for the ATS team! We have another "Review Preview" of a recently released set, and this time it's Kisses and Hugs. I colored the little Cupid Bear with Copics and I sponged around the edge of the image circle. I added some Stickles to the halo and wings. The paper is from the Quite Smitten collection by My Minds Eye. I covered a chipboard heart with more MME paper, and I stamped the sentiment directly on it. The background is embossed with the Cuttlebug and Swiss Dots embossing folder.

Look at this little Flamingo -- isn't he so cute? Christine just released him as a digital image! Yesterday she released all of her C.C. Designs images as Digi Images -- now is the time to try them out! Don't worry -- you can still get them in rubber, but it's fun to have so many options! :)

I colored him with Copics, then I painted him with Opal Shimmerz. He is so perfectly paired with this BasicGrey Sugared paper! The sentiment is from AmyR's set Love Sentiments. I used my Cuttlebug again for the background, this time with the Heart Blocks embossing folder.

I have a busy weekend ahead -- My friend Traci and I are co-chairing a fundraiser tomorrow, so I won't have anything to share here. I'm not sure how I got any stamping done at all this week -- I think I just needed to relieve some stress! ;) The fundraiser is for Malia's CORD Foundation, which funds research to cure pediatric spinal cord tumors. Malia's mother is Traci's cousin, so that's how we became involved! If you get a second, say a little prayer for the success of the fundraiser! :)

I hope you have something fun planned for the weekend, and I hope you get some stamping time, too! Thank you so much for visiting today!

Have a great Friday!
Christina

11 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Love your bear...he's so cute! That flamingo is perfect for that dp....you are so right!!! Love the shimmerz!
Have a wonderful weekend and good luck with the fundraiser!

Tina said...

They are both so sweet!

Jackie Pedro said...

These are darling! I just love that little flamingo!! Perfect details on both cards!! Have a great weekend, Christina!

Joy said...

awe...these are just so cute! love that bear and was debating on purchasing it...everyone seems to be using them and now I want one =) have a great Friday! love those cards!

Alex said...

These are both really cute but I LOVE the flamingo - totally adorable!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Amy Johnson said...

Such pretty cards! I especially love the second one. I love the image and the layout. Great job on both. Good luck at your fundraiser

diane zechman said...

These are both SO cute, Christina! I hope the fundraiser goes well!

Fonda @Southern Scraps said...

Love that flamingo and that color combo!

Karen Motz said...

They're both super cute! Awesome colouring! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, these are just too sweet and cute! I love the colors and designs on both! I hope your fund raising for a very good cause was successful.

Anonymous said...

These are so sweet, Christina! I love the pink and gray on the first card, and the pink and green on the second! The flamingo is adorable!