Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Verve Sneak Preview!

Hi, everyone! Happy Wednesday! I'm so excited to begin my Verve sneak previews as a June Guest Diva!! :) Today's set is called Kindred Spirits. It is filled with beautiful sentiments and fleur de lis images. I used them on this altered frame I gave to Chris for our anniversary last week. This photo is about eight years old, but it's one of my favorites! It was taken at his brother's house during a family party.

After covering the frame, I sanded and inked all the edges. Then I stamped the largest fleur de lis image several times, and I added brown Swarovski crystals to the centers. I used the smallest fluer de lis to create a decorative strip along the bottom of the frame.

If you want to see more gorgeous samples from the Verve Divas, stop by the Verve Stamps Blog. All of the new stamps will be released Friday night after the Release Party on the Verve Member Company Forum at SCS.

I'll have another preview tomorrow, so I hope you'll be back! Thanks so much for the visit today!

Have a great day! :)
Christina

Stamps: Kindred Spirits (Verve) Ink: Close to Cocoa, Soft Sky (SU!) Cardstock: Whisper White, Close to Cocoa, Soft Sky (SU!) Paper: Wild Raspberry (K & Company) Other: Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders), scalloped ribbon (May Arts), Swarovski crystals (MFT), sponge, dimensionals

8 comments:

Tricia T said...

Just gorgeous! I love the distressed feel!

Jackie Pedro said...

This is fantastic, Christina!!

Unknown said...

So cute! Love the colors and the distressed look. Nice!

Amy Sheffer said...

WOW, Christina! Love this! The distressed look is beautiful! What a good-looking couple, too :)

Bonnie said...

Congratulations on being the guest designer!! Love your frame and I think I am going to love this stamp set (again!)

Jeanette - said...

This is GORGEOUS Christina! I love fleur de lis and I love what you did with them here :)

Michele Boyer said...

Gorgeous! I love the colors! And what a very sweet photo! :)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

What a great distressed look. I just love the concept of this frame. What a fabulous project!