Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Grillin' and Chillin' with MFT!

Hello, and welcome to my stop on the My Favorite Things June Blog Hop! If you haven't taken in all the eye candy so far, begin at Kim's Blog and do some catchin' up! :)

All of my projects are made with Who's That Grillin' Guy?, one of three sets being released tomorrow (Wednesday) night! You're invited to a cookout!!

First up is the invitation. I heat embossed the letters on the apron so they would show up better against the paper. The burger is cut out and popped up, and I gave it a coat of Crystal Lacquer so it would look nice and juicy! :) The button is from the Cup o' Buttons Summer Collection, and the ribbon is from the Royalty Ribbon Nest.

And once you get to the cookout, you'll want to know what's on the menu! I altered a chalkboard by painting and sanding the frame and adding chipboard letters to the bottom. You'll notice that his plate is empty -- that's so I can change it to suit the menu!

If we're having steak, he'll hold the steak platter...


...and if burgers are on the menu, he'll be holding the burger platter! I can keep both platters in a small envelope behind the menu board.


And finally, here's a flatware caddy to hold your utensils! I covered chipboard coasters in the same paper I'd been using for the other projects, then I tied them all together with ribbon. On the image, the burgers are again cut out, popped up, and coated with Crystal Lacquer.

Join us on the MFT Member Company Forum Wednesday, June 3, from 8-10 pm Eastern for the MFT Release Cocktail Party! The MFT Sweet Sixteen will be announced (including 2 new designers!), and we'll also announce the winner of the One Click Challenge -- she will receive the entire release free!!

You're finished here -- now hop over to see what the super-talented Natalie Dever has to show you! It's always something fabulous! Thanks so much for hopping by! :)

Christina

34 comments:

StampOwl said...

Wonderful projects

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, is this ever adorable! I love it!
And YUM, I'm coming over for dinner!

Susan (susiestampalot) said...

Christina, every one of these are greatness, but the coaster box is pure genius!! i love it and can see an entire ensemble for a cookout!

Cindy Haffner said...

So clever, love this!!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

WOW!! Awesome stuff girl, the grill marks on the steaks are AWESOME!!

paula said...

ok Christina...I may need to make a set like yours and invite some people over because this combo ROCKS!!

JessicaK said...

this set is fantastic. I love the picnic-y colors on the card.

Erin Smetak said...

This is SO awesome!!!! I love everything that you've made!!!

Heather Ulmer said...

Woah! super cute projects! Very summery and I love how the food on the tray is interchangeable!

Amy Sheffer said...

Fantastic project!! Love how you can change out the platter on the menu board!

Jackie Pedro said...

Awesome, Christina! You're so creative!!

Karen said...

Fabulous projects!

Donna Baker said...

great projects, Christina!

Barbara said...

Pure genius, Christina!! I love it!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness....just too cute!!! Great idea for a set.

Melody said...

What a great, creative idea for a male gift!

Gabby said...

Wonderful projects!

Tanya said...

What a neat idea! You are so creative! You did a wonderful job, your coloring is fabulous!

Tina said...

So darn clever! Love them all!

Michele Boyer said...

What a fantastic set, Christina! I love every single piece!

Nikki Schmaltz said...

Super cute ideas! I especially love the coaster box for utensils. I may have to try that for camping:)

veronica said...

love your flatware caddy idea.

Candice said...

This is just beyond fabulous, Christina!! Love the coaster box and I really do need to make one of those chalkboard menus for my hubby - he would LOVE that!!

Clean & Simple Crafts! said...

This has got to be my favorite project I have seen yet! I love this set and can't wait to get my ink-stained little hands on it!
Thanks for sharing you project!
Amy

StampinCathy said...

This is just fabulous and so inspiring. What a fun and creative project.

Alex said...

Holy Cow girl!!!! These are all totally fabulous!!! WOW - you have totally ROCKED the barbecue sets, I have never seen such cuteness and that box is pure genius - way to go Christina! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Jody Morrow said...

That are AWESOME projects! What a COOL idea! :)

Chris said...

This was a great hop, the projects were all fantastic.
I'm just wondering why the grill set didn't have any shrimp for Frances to put on the barbie?

dolcreations said...

Ok this is so adorable, I love all your creativity. I will be following your blog now! WOW
Christine

Bonnie Lynn said...

You are making me hungry. Wonderful project though and what a great idea.

Carolyn King said...

what a cool idea!!! love it---your project is so creative....awesome job Christina!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

I love everything you've done with this set, Christina -- especially that menu board. And you can change out the header?! Fantastic!!!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

I am so sad to have missed the party...but omg Christina ALL of your projects just are so over the board fantastic. I would love the craft with you one day. Quick question...what pen or marker do you outline your images in..They are always so perfect. Or what ink!! Fabulous! Beyond Fabulous!!!!I can see making oddles of projects for the grillers in my life!

Bonnie said...

I didn't see this wonderful ensemble until now Christina! What a fabulous set you have put together! That menu idea is so very, very cool! Sorry I haven't been around....I am soooo far behind of my blogging!