Sunday, June 7, 2009

A Sunday Supper!

That's right! I know it's been a while since I've posted a Sunday Supper recipe. Truth be told, our schedules got entirely too busy and I didn't have a chance to try new recipes! Now that my oldest is driving, we're in more directions than ever, so I am making an effort this summer to be sure my family meets around the table a few times a week. It's a way to be sure we all reconnect and get on the same page!

This week I tried a new slow cooker recipe. It is from Slow Cooker Recipes by Gooseberry Patch. Slow cooker dishes are the way to go during the crazy days of summer -- you can put it all together in the morning and not worry about it until supper time! My family had rave reviews for this recipe -- I served it with salad and garlic bread.

Easy Chicken Cacciatore

4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4-oz can sliced mushrooms, drained
1 green pepper, sliced (optional)
1/2 c. water
26-oz jar spaghetti sauce
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
cooked spaghetti
shredded mozzarella cheese

Arrange chicken in slow cooker. Top with mushrooms, green pepper, water and half of sauce; sprinkle with seasoning. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours. At serving time, warm remaining sauce and toss with cooked spaghetti. Top spaghetti with chicken; sprinkle with shredded cheese.


I'd love for you to send me some of your favorite family recipes. I'll share them here on Sundays and link to your blog or gallery if you wish! :)

Thanks so much for visiting today -- I really do appreciate it! Be sure to spend some time around the supper table! :)

Have a fantastic day!
Christina

3 comments:

Susie said...

Yum, yum, yummie! I can't make it today because I need to pick up the ingredients but I'll sure try it sometime this week. Thanks so much - I've really missed your Sunday Dinners.

Gailanne said...

Here's one of my favourite quick dinner entrees:
CHICKEN BREASTS with SPICY CREAM CHEESE SAUCE

1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp oil
1 whole boneless chicken breast, skinned and halved
1/4 c dry white wine
3 tbsp cream cheese with herbs & spices

In frypan, heat butter and oil. Add chicken and saute slowly on both sides until golden and no longer pink inside. Remove from pan and keep warm. Drain fat from frypan.
Add wine to pan, stirring to remove brown bits. Add cream cheese, mashing and stirring over low heat to blend with juices. Thin, if needed, with more wine. Let bubble for 1-2 minutes. Serve sauce over chicken breasts, with parsleyed egg noodles.
Serves 2-3

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.