Saturday, June 6, 2009

Reach for the Stars!

Happy Saturday, everyone! Here's a card I made with stamps from American Art Stamp. The image is Angel with Stars by Adriana Cirstea, and the sentiment is from the set Inspirational Words by Kathleene Callei.

The paper is Urban Prairie by BasicGrey -- I just *love* the colors in this collection! I applied some of the paper to the Maya Road chipboard, then I sanded the edges. I colored the image with Copics, and I sponged around the panels with SU! So Saffron ink. To give the wings some shimmer, I painted them with some Moonlight Smooch by Clearsnap.

I purchased the star-shaped adhesive crystals when I was at Toyrifix last weekend, and they fit the stars on the image perfectly! I colored them with a Copic marker before applying them.

That's it for now! We are having some gorgeous weather today -- temps near 80 and not a cloud in the sky! I'm off to spend some time outside! :)

Thanks for visiting today -- have a wonderful day!
Christina

2 comments:

Alex said...

This is a beautiful card Christina, I love that image! The flower looks fabulous and the stars are perfect for this!! Have a wonderful weekend, my friend! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my goodness Christina, this is so pretty!! LOVE that chipboard....must find some ;)