Thursday, June 25, 2009

Verve Preview #2: Just for You

Hello, everyone! Happy Thursday! It's day two of the Verve Sneak Previews, and today's set is called Just for You. This set has beautiful sentiments meant to let someone know you care. Just For You and all the new Verve stamps will be available after the Release Party this Friday night.

I made two projects with this set. The first is this card. It's a pretty simple design, but I just love this color combination! I used SU! Parisian Specialty dsp and Circle Nestabilities, and I embellished with ribbon, buttons, sponging, lace edge border and machine stitching.

I really love this next project! When I saw this sentiment I immediately thought of gift tags. Then I ran across a scrap of Let it Snow paper (Flair Design), and this Christmas tag was born! I did some sponging with SU! Close to Cocoa ink around the paper panels and the snowflakes to give it a vintage look. I pleated and stitched the ribbon on the bottom, and I added Icicle Stickles to the larger snowflake.

Stop by the Verve Stamps Blog to see more samples from the Verve Divas. While you're there, you can find out how you can win a set of your own!

There is one more day of previews tomorrow, then the release party tomorrow night! I can't wait! I'm also excited because Megan comes home tonight from France! I am really looking forward to seeing her and hearing all about her trip. We've missed her around here -- even with three kids still at home, it was a little quieter! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Have a wonderful day!
Christina

13 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

FANTASTIC projects Christina! Love the stitching and sponging on your first card and I love the pleated ribbon on your tag!

Tina said...

Absolutely love both of these projects you created! The colors on both are beautiful.

Susie said...

Gorgeous creations - both of them. Love the sentiments. I also loved the anniversary photo of you and your husband a couple days ago.

Paula Barin said...

Awesome projects. Love the colour combo on the card and the ribbon on the tag.
Great job!

Leslie said...

Loving that ribbon on your tag!

Great job!

Unknown said...

Great projects! I love the ribbon on the tag!
-Cher

Amy Sheffer said...

These are so gorgeous, Christina! Love the Christmas tag, especially that pleated ribbon!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Gorgeous work girl!!

Amy Johnson said...

Your card is lovely,but I'm really crazy about your tag! Its wonderful! I love how you used the ribbon!

Michele Boyer said...

Oh WOW! I LOVE these, Christina! I admire your use of sentiments! These are fabulous!

Allison said...

Absolutely gorgeous projects. They are both amazing!

Jackie Pedro said...

More stunning creations! LOVE the card and the tag is fantastic!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So fabulous! The card is so Verve-alicious and the tag just makes me all giddy! Breathtaking work.