Friday, June 26, 2009

Remembering

Happy Friday, everyone! I have one more Verve preview for you today! This set is called Forever in Our Hearts, and it is a must-have set. Sympathy cards are often difficult to make, but the beautiful sentiments and images in this set make the task much easier.

I used BasicGrey Urban Prairie paper, organdy ribbon, and Prima Caboodles flowers to make my card. I embossed the background paper with my Cuttlebug and Swiss Dots folder, then I stamped the leaf image over the embossing to create an interesting texture. I stamped the leaf again on the patterned paper to create a continuous image, then I arranged the flowers over the stamped leaves.

On the inside of the card, I used the smaller leaf image and another of the beautiful sentiments from the set.

You can see more samples of this set at the Verve Stamps Blog. While you're there, you can find out how you can win your own set! Don't forget -- all the new stamps will be released tonight immediately after the Release Party at Splitcoaststampers.

Before I go, I wanted to tell you about Megan's adventures getting home last night! She flew from Nice to JFK in New York, and she was due to arrive at CVG 7:30 PM. Due to the terrible storm that hit around 7:15, she was diverted to Indianapolis, and she was scheduled to arrive from there at 9:00. So we waited. Because of the backlog of flights which were diverted, refueling was delayed, and we watched the arrival time on the monitor change -- from 9:00 to 9:39, to 10:00, to 10:46, which is when she actually landed. Then, as we (and 30 other girls and their families) were waiting for luggage, and waiting, and waiting, we heard the announcement that their carousel was moved from #4 to #1. So, we finally retrieved her luggage and headed out of the airport around 11:20 PM! But, she's home safe and sound, and she had a wonderful time! :)

That's it for me today -- thanks so much for visiting!

Have a fantastic Friday! :)
Christina

8 comments:

Tina said...

So incredibly beautiful!

Happy to hear your daughter made it home safe and sound.

Jeanette - said...

Glad you daughter is home safe and sound. This card is so beautiful! I can't wait to see the set - Great job!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Those new Verve sets are calling my name! What a beautiful card, and such an overlooked category -- reminding others that you still remember and are thinking of their loss, after the initial shock.

Susie said...

Ok you enabler, I have to get this sentiment set. :0) Love the card. Very meaningful sentiments.

Glad your daughter is home safe. What a great adventure she must have had.

Michele Boyer said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Christina! That looks like a fabulous set!

I'm so glad your daughter is home safely! I am NOT ready for my kids to be old enough to travel that far away! lol.

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful, Christina! You have made a gorgeous Sympathy card....the sentiment is wonderful.

Glad Megan made it home safe and sound...and that the trip as wonderful for her!!

Jackie Pedro said...

This is so pretty, Christina!! LOVE the DP!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is such a beautiful card, Christina! I just love the colors and embellishments you used to highlight these sentiments.