Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Little Java to Get You (MFT) Hoppin'!

Hello! It's time for another My Favorite Things Blog Hop! Our mid-month release features two new sets, Rainy Day Friends and I Need Coffee Flopsey. Both will be available tonight at midnight! If you haven't seen all the fantastic projects along the Hop so far, go back to visit Kim and start from there! And keep on going 'til the end, because blog candy awaits you! :)

Also, be sure to leave a little love for the Sweet Sixteen's newest members, Barbara and Kathy! :)

Before I show you my project, I want to wish my husband Chris a Happy Anniversary! 19 years -- it's hard to believe! Thanks for supporting me and letting me do what I do -- you're the best!!! :)

Back to our regularly scheduled programming...

I used I Need Coffee Flopsey to make this fun gift box full of coffee beans. I covered the wooden box (purchased at Michaels for $1.99) with paper, then I sanded and inked all the edges. I embellished with ribbon and a button from the Cup o' Buttons Summer Collection.


I stamped and colored Flopsey, leaving the ears "out of the box." I sponged around the edges of the image panel, then I added some yellow flock to Flopsey's slippers! The image panel is mounted onto the front of the box with dimensionals.



You're finished at my stop! Now it's time to see what the very talented Natalie Dever has created! Thanks so much for hopping by! :)


Christina

31 comments:

StampOwl said...

fantastic project

Barbara said...

How perfectly cute, Christina!!!

Jody Morrow said...

Super cute! I love your little box!

Amy Sheffer said...

I love this box, Christina!! Beautifully done! Fantastic ribbon treatment, too. And Happy Anniversary to you and Chris!

GabrielaD said...

Love this!! I am really liking this hop... lots of great inspiration.

Thank you

Megan said...

Sooo cute!! You could put some chocolate covered coffee beans in there too!! Yikes--love this idea.

Karen Motz said...

Just darling Christina! Love your ribbon flower accent.

Jessie/knightrone said...

Happy Anniversary!! Super cute stuff Christina!!

Brenda said...

Great box!!! Fantastic!

JessicaK said...

Great box and love the little blush on Flopsey's cheeks. Happy anniversary.

Sew Club said...

Adorable!!

Carolyn said...

How cute is that. What a lovely gift.

Karen said...

Sweet little gifty! Cute colors.

Bonnie Lynn said...

Cute, cute, cute.

Tracey said...

Happy anniversary Christina!! I love your project! Just adorable!

Michele Boyer said...

So cute, Christina! I love the ribbon/flower! Happy anniversary!

Amy Rohl said...

The box is adorable, Christina, but those yellow slippers are the bees knees! This bunny cracks me up!

Happy Anniversary (I'm late with my wishes...internet issues!)!!

maiahs_momma said...

Love your project :), gorgeous work :)!

Hugs,
catherine
www.mystampinggrounds.blogspot.com

Dawn Easton said...

Happy Anniversary to you and Chris!!

Love your ribbon and button treatment...fantastic girl!

Leslie said...

Too cute!

You may want to try $ Tree!! Ours had these same little wooden ones for $1!!!

Shaunna Lasley said...

I love your coffee box idea and choice of colors!! Wonderful coloring and an awesome project!!!

Jane Wetzel said...

love what u did with the new set and that ribbon is the perfect touch! Yummy! :)

Allison said...

So cute! Love the colours and the colouring on the bunny.

Congratulations on your anniversary!

Jackie Pedro said...

This is so cute, Christina!! The ribbon button thingy (LOL) is fantastic!!

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Very cute. I love what each person incorporates into their own ideas for the stamps.

Amy Johnson said...

This is absolutely fabulous! I love the paper you covered the box with, and I really love your ribbon/button treatment! Super Cute and Super Creative!

ronn said...

Supercute idea and very nice colors!!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

Lady Liberty said...

Awesome Christina - lovely gift idea and I love the way you colored Flopsey with the blush and all. Happy Anniversary and many more. TFS
Gloria

Cindy Haffner said...

Just darling.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, I LOVE this! Coffee gifts are always fun, and this one is fixed up so CUTE! Love the red with the coffee colors!

kjlowrey said...

love the yellow/red together!