Monday, March 9, 2009

Who's That Girl: Paper Pieced E-girl

Happy Monday, everyone! Today's MFT Who's That Girl Challenge is to use the set Who's That E-girl along with paper piecing. Of course, if you don't have Who's That E-girl, any MFT set is fine! :)

Last week I picked up this Wild Raspberry paper by K&Company. The entire pack is gorgeous and so springy, so it was the perfect collection to use for this challenge. I paper pieced the sofa and her skirt, and I colored the rest of the image with Copics. I masked the frame of the image and sponged inside the frame and around the image with So Saffron ink. It has become my favorite way to add color around the WTG images!

I used my new EK Success punch on the side panels. I HAD to pick it up (plus two more punches) at Michaels last week -- they were 30% off! Really, it's Dawn's fault -- she's been using this punch on her projects lately, and I fell in love! Thanks, Dawn! ;)

I hope you can play along with the challenge! Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Have a wonderful day!
Christina

Stamps: Who's That E-girl (MFT) Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), So Saffron (SU!) Cardstock: Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red Paper: Wild Raspberry (K&Company) Other: Copics, Primas, Cupcake Sugarcoated Brad (Doodlebug), Dotted Wave punch (EK Success), pink scalloped ribbon (May Arts), sponge, dimensionals

8 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Love all the paper piecing Christina! I've become more daring lately and pulled out my paper snips to do much of the same.
LOL @ you HAD to have that punch...I TOTALLY get it ;) Glad I could be a good influence on you...haha! I think it punches nicer than any other border punch I own!

Danni said...

I just love this!! All that paper piecing is amazing and it is just such pretty paper! Great job!

Bonnie said...

Love your paper piercing Christina! The "E-Girl" is such a cutie and I love your colour choices! I have been trying to avoid Michael's......but with all those dang punches available, I might have to give up the avoidance lol!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is totally fabulous!!

Heather said...

How lovely! These colors are beautiful, and perfect for a dreary day!

Heather

Anonymous said...

So cute, Christina! I love the paper-piecing!

Amy Johnson said...

What a great card! I love the paper piecing!

Tracey said...

This is gorgeous Christina!!