Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Veggie Sketch!

Happy Tuesday! I have a fun card to share today -- I inked up one of my Bellas! I *love* my Stampingbella images, and I've collected quite a few of them, but I don't get to play with them nearly enough! I had so much fun with this card -- mostly because of this great Sketch for You to Try from Jen del Muro.

The first time I saw this Offbeat paper, I knew I wanted to pair it up with Veggiebella. The card just took off from there! I colored with Copics and paper pieced her overalls, and I had some fun with the details and embellishments!

Here's a closeup...


I stamped the sentiment on vellum so it wouldn't completely cover the bottom of the image. I used dimensional foam circles to attach the vellum over the image panel, then I placed Dew Drops on the sides so the dimensionals wouldn't show through the vellum!

That's all for today -- I'm so glad you stopped by! I'll be back tomorrow with the ATS Challenge, so I hope you'll be back to check it out! :)

Have a fantastic day!
Christina

Stamps: Veggiebella, sentiment (Stampingbella) Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), Kiwi Kiss (SU!) Cardstock: Kiwi Kiss, Riding Hood Red, Whisper White (SU!) Paper: Offbeat 6x6 pad (BasicGrey) Other: Copics; Button Bouquet, natural hemp twine (SU!); Poinsettia Dew Drops (Robin's Nest); sponge, dimensionals, sewing machine

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my gosh! It just doesn't get any cuter! I LOVE this!! Papers, embellishments and this adorable stamp--it's all darling!

Tracey said...

This is gorgeous Christina!! Love Bella!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Christina this is sooo cute!!! LOVE the dp you used!! Fabulous card!

Christi Flores said...

This is adorable!! I love her paper pieced overalls!!

Tracy said...

Totally awesome!!! The PP is perfect for your garden Bella. I love all of your elements Christina.

Rebecca said...

SOOO cute! This is the one Bella that always catches my eye! You did an awesome job on the card. Love the dp together,, and the fabulous stitching!

Pegg S said...

Love this so much!! The papers are perfect with her!

Dawn Easton said...

Super duper cute Christina! Love the DP you paired up with your cute Bella! Love all your elements! I especially love the vellum...thanks for the reminder about that stuff...lol...I need to dust mine off ;)

Stephanie said...

Love the paper piecing on Bella's overalls :) You're right - the DP is perfect for Veggiebella!!

Jami said...

very cute! I love all the special touches.

Alecia Wolfford said...

Your cards are SO much fun, loving the colors on this one!!

Jackie Pedro said...

I am in love with this card, Christina!! LOL! The DP is perfect with Veggiebella and all of your details just ROCK!!

Anonymous said...

What a great mix of patterns!! I love Bella's pieced overalls! (Thank you for reminding me that I've had this image for over a year and have yet to use it...maybe even two years. lol)