Wednesday, March 11, 2009

ATS Wednesday Challenge: Go Green!

Happy Wednesday! In honor of St. Patrick's Day, today's ATS Challenge is to use Green on your project. Honestly, I thought this would be an easy one for me, but the more I tried to get started, the more stumped I became. I think it's because I wanted to use a St. Patrick's kind of green, and that left me with Glorious Green, one of my most unfavorite colors. But, I was determined to press on. Then I spied this Scenic Route Surprise dp in my stash, and it saved me! :)

For this first project, I used the Cookie Crumbs set Cupcake Occasions. I stamped the cupcake once on white cardstock, once on the dp, and one more time on scrap white cardstock. I paper pieced the cupcake bottom. I colored the cupcake top with Prismacolor pencils, cut it out, and mounted it on dimensionals. I added some Green Stickles to the shamrock. I created the sentiment on my computer and cut it out with a Spellbinders Tag Trio die. The ribbon is from Michaels.

Okay, it was getting late when I finished the card, but I still had the supplies out, so I decided to make another project. I was apparently a little slap-happy at this point, because I totally cracked myself up with this one! :)

The image is from Amy's Boutique by AmyR Stamps, and the sentiment was again printed from the computer. It's a good thing Chris likes Guinness, because this project wouldn't pack the same punch on a non-Irish beer! ;)

Wanna play along with our Green Challenge? Use keyword ATSDTC40 when uploading. Upload to the ATS Challenge Gallery so all of us can see it! :) All of the DT Challenges can be found HERE -- play along with any challenge at any time!

Thank you so much for the visit today -- I really do appreciate it!

Have a great day, everyone!
Christina

9 comments:

Jeanette - said...

Such cute projects Christina - the second one cracked me up as well :)

Tracey said...

Fantastic projects Christina! Love the green! :)

Bonnie said...

LOL! Now that is a great project!! Both creations are wonderful Christina! Glorious Green is definitely NOT a fun colour -same league as any sort of purple - but give me lime/kiwi/citrus - then you're talking!!

Christi Flores said...

Your projects are fantastic Christina! I LOVE that second one! LOL

Jackie Pedro said...

Fantastic!! LOVE the colors and the second one is awesome!!

Carolyn King said...

great projects. Love the sparkly shamrock cupcake! Great job with the green!

Jessica said...

Hahaha - those are both awesome. The second one is hilarious!

Dawn Easton said...

LOL! Love your projects! You and I used the same image for our cards ;) Your second project cracks me up....fab idea girl!

Anonymous said...

Super cute card, Christina, and I love the wine tag!! :)