Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunday Supper: Chili

Hello there! Happy Sunday, and Happy March! Even though it's March 1, and spring is around the corner, it is still COLD here! I'm in the mood for something hot and comforting, so for today's Sunday Supper recipe I'm sharing my chili recipe. It's what we're having for supper tonight!

There are so many chili recipes out there, and I enjoy trying new ones. When Chris and I were first married, I wanted to combine some of the elements of our mothers' chili recipes and come up with one of my own. Around here we often eat chili over spaghetti noodles "Cincinnati style," but sometimes I just like it in a bowl all by itself! This one is very think and meaty, but you could easily add water to make it more "soupy."

Okay, enough blabbering -- here's the recipe!

Christina's Chili

1.5 - 2 lbs. ground beef or ground turkey (I usually use 2 lbs.)
15 oz. can and 8 oz. can tomato sauce
12 oz. can tomato paste
1 can chopped tomatoes
16 oz. can kidney beans
1 green pepper, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 pkg. chili seasoning mix plus 1 tbs. chili powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. pepper

Brown the meat and transfer to a large pot. Add remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours.

Top with shredded cheddar, oyster crackers, or chopped onions. And, if you're anything like Chris, you'll be sure to add lots of hot sauce!

Serve with cornbread -- yum!

For dessert, try Maggie's carrot cake!

Thank you so much for the visit today! Have a fantastic day -- be sure to spend some time around the supper table! :)

Christina

No comments: