Thursday, March 5, 2009

ATS Challenge: Dry Embossing

Happy Thursday, everyone! Wow, it has certainly been a busy stamping week so far! The fun continues today with this week's ATS DT Challenge. Lesa challenged us to use dry embossing on our projects. My Cuttlebug is my best friend, so this challenge was right up my alley! :)

The image and sentiment on this card are from the just-released set Hunny Bunny by C.C. Designs. I swear, Christine's characters get cuter every month! I colored the bunny with Copics and added highlights with an Inkssentials white gel pen. Then I cut him out and mounted him on the embossed oval with dimensionals.

There is a lot of dry embossing here: the pink background, the white oval, and the scalloped oval. Even the Prima flower is embossed (it comes that way -- *love* those Obsession flowers)!

Wanna play along with the challenge? Use keyword ATSDTC39 when uploading. Be sure to upload to the ATS Challenge Gallery so we can see it! Remember, Christine and Amy are always looking for the next ATS Guest Designer -- it could be YOU! :)

That's all for today -- thanks so much for stopping by!

Have a wonderful day!
Christina

Stamps: Hunny Bunny (C.C. Designs) Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko) Cardstock: Regal Rose, Kiwi Kiss, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White (SU!) Paper: Girl Friday (Cosmo Cricket) Other: Cuttlebug, Swiss Dots embossing folder, Spots & Dots embossing folder (Provo Craft); oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders) Copic Ciao markers; Pink two-tone ribbon (May Arts); Obsessions, Got Flowers? (Prima); Cupcake Blossoms Braddie (Doodlebug); Branch Punch (Martha Stewart); white gel pen (Inkssentials); dimensionals

6 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my goodness Christina, how sweet is bunny!!! LOVE the fun DP and bright colourful egg! So cute!

Tara said...

What a pretty card, I love those vibrant Spring colours! xx

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is COMPLETELY adorable!!

Tracy said...

I almost died when I saw this posted yesterday on the ATS blog. It's simply adorable. I love all of the elements. So many cute details. Your work takes my breath away everytime!

Debbie said...

Love this card!

Anonymous said...

Hee, hee, hee...That little bunny is so cute! I like the embossing too!