Friday, March 13, 2009

Birthday Bucket

Hello! Happy Friday! Here is a gift bucket I made for my friend Linda's birthday. Her birthday was yesterday, and she doesn't have this gift yet -- I'm dropping it off today. So, if you're reading this, Linda -- don't look any further!! ;) I used a clear pail from Stampendous, and I filled it with tea, cookies, and a gift card.

The outside was fun to decorate! I used Cosmo Cricket Girl Friday paper, and I cut strips to fit around the bottom. I used the reverse side to cut the circle for the top and to paper piece the cake on the main image. I cut more strips from SU! Rose Red cardstock and used my EK Success Candles border punch. I placed the candles at the bottom of the pail, then I covered that strip with SU! Old Olive grosgrain ribbon.

For my focal image and the top sentiment, I used the MFT set You Take the Cake. I colored with Copics and paper pieced the cake. I added Star Dust Stickles to the candles and Liquid Applique to the cake icing. I cut the top circles with Nestabilities.

I tied ribbons on the handle and attached the image panel to the pail with dimensionals. I think it turned out kinda cute! :)

I can't believe another week has come and gone! We have a busy weekend ahead -- our church Fish Fry is tonight, then tomorrow we have two lacrosse matches and a birthday party! I hope you have a great weekend planned -- hopefully you've planned some stamping time! :) Thanks for stopping by today!

Have a fantastic Friday!
Christina


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute, Christina! What a great presentation! I just love those clear cans!

Tina said...

Oh my gosh, this is the cutest.

Jeanette - said...

It is so cute!!! What a sweet friend you are :)

Tammy Hershberger said...

Super cute! I love how bright this is! (Would LOVE to know where you got your Girl Friday paper! I can't find it in stock anywhere!)

Anonymous said...

Hello my name is Christine,I've been following your blog and I really appreciate your creations,I love the design...I just wanted to tell you that I find your work really inspiring!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh Christina, this is soooooo cute!! I'm sure your friend is going to LOVE it! Have a wonderful weekend!

Joy said...

I love those clear pail tins! they are such great gifts to give and so fun to make! you did a wonderful job on it and I'm sure she will love it! have a great weekend!

Amy Johnson said...

This is so adorable! What a wonderful gift for your friend.

Christi Flores said...

I'm sure your friend is going to love this!!!