Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Hoppin' with Flopsey!

Hey there! Welcome to my stop on the MFT March Blog Hop! If you haven't been to all the stops so far, go to Kim's Blog and start from there! These new sets are so much fun -- you don't want to miss anything! :)

I used the set Tea with Flopsey to make my project. I wanted to make a tea bag holder, so I created a large "tea bag" as my shape. I started with a 11" x 4.25" half-sheet of cardstock, and I scored it at 5", 5.5" and 6". I folded the center score line up and the others down to create a "W" in the middle.

I stamped the image and colored it with Copics. I stamped leaves in SU! Mellow Moss ink and popped some additional leaves on rolled up glue dots. I trimmed the corners with a tag corner punch, and I placed the tea bag and sentiment inside. The ribbon is tied through eyelets to hold the project closed.


My Favorite Things is having a new release Cocktail Party TONIGHT on the MFT Member Company Forum at Splitcoaststampers. Join us at 9pm EST for a quick chat before the sets go live at 10pm EST! This month there are 5 new sets being released! Stop by the release party to win prizes, see some MFTeasers of the new sets and find out how you can become MFT’s next Guest Designer! Hope to see you there!


I hope you enjoyed my stop! Now head over to see what the wonderful Michele Boyer has to show you! It's sure to be a feast for the eyes! :)


Have a fantastic day!
Christina

42 comments:

B said...

What a cute idea and thanks for sharing how to make it!

Jessie/knightrone said...

How totally cute!!

StampOwl said...

super cute

Karen Motz said...

SO pretty...love your colour choices.

Jody Morrow said...

Great project! :) I love it! You always come up with the best ideas! HUGS!

Amy Sheffer said...

What an awesome project, Christina! The coloring and sponging are gorgeous. Love the stacked flower accent too!

Wendi Hayes said...

Beautiful card.

JessicaK said...

Cute and practical gift, I likes it, I likes it!

Kelli Hull said...

I really really realllllly Like this lil giftie bag... You did a SUPERB job on this with the layering, corners pop ups etc... It's a TOTAL WOW!!!!!

Betty J Schaub said...

Nice one, I esp. like the way you cut individual leaves and raised them off the tree!

Christi Flores said...

This is adorable!!

Holly aka Toy said...

yum~ Lovin' this.. makes me want to go brew a cup right now!

Jilly said...

great idea. Love the flopsy

Tracey said...

Love this project Christina!! Just adorable!!

Michelle Giraud said...

your cards are always fantastic! Love how the adorable Flopsey tea card turned out - the colors are so soft and pretty. The imaginisce paper looks wonderful as a background!

Anonymous said...

Love your card Christina, it so soft and pretty... Your popped up leaves are a fab touch too!

wendy said...

oh wow....love this...so cute!

Donna Baker said...

this is SO cute, Christina!

StampinCathy said...

This is so pretty and just love the colors.

Cindy Haffner said...

Flopsie is so darling.

Swamp Tulip said...

Great job. I'm definitely ordering the new Flopsey tonight!

Teresa

Carolyn King said...

LOVE your tea gift! What an awesome idea--those popped leaves look fabulous!

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Totally adorable project, Christina!!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome project!!! I love those popped up leaves....can't imagine the detail it took to cut those little ones out. Great job! I'll see you tonight.

Kerry Johnson said...

Christina I love your big tea bag!! Awesome project!!

Anonymous said...

What a great project to share with us. I just recently found your blog and I'm liking it !

Unknown said...

Very beautiful! I'm excited about this release.

Anonymous said...

This is so cute! Makes you want to share a cup of tea.

Anonymous said...

totally cute!!

Michelle said...

Sweet giftie!

Kelly said...

Beautiful card! I like looking at it!! :0)

Bonnie said...

Fabulous idea there girlie! I am absolutely going to use this for my tea luvin' girlfriends!!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea, Christina! So clever!

Candice said...

Oh - I LOVE this, Christina!! Such a creative idea and BEAUTIFUL execution - WONDERFUL job!!

Lisa H. said...

great card. love how you used minimal leaves on the tree.

Tracy said...

Ohhhh Christina this is sooooo cute. Your coloring is awesome and you are the prima queen!

Carole said...

This card is absolutely darling! Love it!

Melody said...

Very creative and Flopsey is darling!

Etha said...

what a super neat idea for a teabag holder! love what you did here, so many nice little details!!

Beate said...

Fantastic card, Christine. Your coloring looks incredible!
Hugs and smiles

Bonnie Lynn said...

I love it!

Amy Johnson said...

Oh wow! What a cute card!I love how you included a tea bag! So adorable!