Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sunday Recipe: Overnight Coffee Cake

Hello! Happy Sunday to you! We had Chris's company Christmas party last night, so I'm moving a little slowly today! ;)

Today's recipe is more for Sunday breakfast than for Sunday supper! I thought I'd share this yummy coffeecake that my mom and I have used on Christmas morning. You make it the night before and bake it in the morning. That leaves more time to enjoy Christmas morning with your family! :)

Overnight Coffee Cake
24 frozen dinner rolls (we use Rhodes dinner rolls in the frozen food section)
1 large pkg. vanilla pudding (not instant)
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. chopped pecans
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 stick margarine, melted

Combine dry pudding with brown sugar, cinnamon and pecans. Melt margarine. Place pieces of frozen dough into a well-buttered angel food pan. Arrange the dough so that none are overlapping. Use a pan that does not have a drop out bottom. It will leak during baking. Pour melted margarine over frozen dough and sprinkle with the pudding mixture. Cover the pan loosely with plastic wrap and a kitchen towel. Leave out overnight. Dough rises by morning. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. Let it set for 5 minutes. Invert on plate to serve. Pull apart and enjoy!

Have a great day, everyone! Thanks for stopping by! :)

7 comments:

Nancy said...

I've used this recipe for years. Try it with butterscotch pudding mix -- mmmmm.

Jeanette - said...

YUM! This sounds amazing Christina! Hope you had fun at the party last night :)

Jackie Pedro said...

Yummy!! Can't wait to try it!!!

Alli Miles said...

Mmmmmm yum yum!

I am definitely trying this one. thanks for sharing.

Alex said...

This sounds ultra yummy - I think I need to try this out BEFORE Christmas morning - LOL! Sounds really tasty!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Anonymous said...

This sounds right up my alley. Thanks for sharing, I will be using this for Christmas morning at our family breakfast gathering. I might add raisins for a little different version and because my granddaughters like raisins.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU AND YOURS! Linda H.
Sacramento, CA

barb said...

This does sound wonderful! We love those Rhodes dinner rolls. I do have a dumb question tho.... Do you layer the rolls and sprinkle dry ingredients on each layer? Thx so much!
Merry Christmas from Ashland, KY!!