Friday, December 12, 2008

It's a Wrap!

Hi there! Happy Friday to you! I've been busy with all kinds of things today, but I did get a chance to make this quick and easy candle wrap. I love Yankee Candles, as I'm sure many of you do, and I would be thrilled to receive one as-is -- but, being the obsessive paper crafter that I am, I couldn't just leave it as-is!! ;)

This project took me just minutes to make -- there is no stamping at all! I used my Cosmo Cricket Wonderland paper pack, some SU! cardstock, and a few embellishments, and that was it!

I cut two strips of Always Artichoke cardstock and overlapped them slightly to get the correct length, then I crimped them for some texture before securing them around the candle. I cut strips of Wonderland paper and centered them over the cardstock. For the tag, I used one of the journaling cards from the paper pack, matted it on Chocolate Chip cardstock, then added a gold eyelet. I used my Martha Stewart punches to punch snowflakes from more paper, and I added some rhinestone centers. I tied chocolate satin ribbon (Offray -- purchased at Walmart) around the candle neck, and I tied the tag to the ribbon with gold cord.

Pretty easy, huh? This would be a great hostess or teacher gift. It's sitting on a shelf in my home right now, and it just might stay there! :) I hope this gives you some ideas for your own quick gifts. This time of year, we need all the time-saving ideas we can get!! Thanks so much for taking the time to visit -- have a great day and a fantastic weekend!

9 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

I love Yankee candles, but they are so much better all prettied up!! Beautiful, Christina!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh a wonderful tag and way to jazz up the candle. Very cool!

Bonnie said...

Fabulous way to present that gift!! Very pretty!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, Christina! (I think you should keep it. lol.) I love Yankee candles too! They're fabulous!

Amy Johnson said...

What a great idea. Everyone loves a receiving a Yankee Candle as a gift, but dressing it up like this makes it a much nicer gift. Great job!

Bethany Paull said...

This is so pretty! I love your wrap. So that yummy ribbon is from Walmart, hm?

Alli Miles said...

Very pretty! Love the colours.

Alex said...

What a beautiful tag Christina - way to dress up that candle, it's gorgeous! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Carolyn King said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a stunning candle!