Wednesday, December 3, 2008

MFT Blog Hop!

Hello there! You've come to my stop on the MFT Blog Hop! If you've just come from Candice's Blog, welcome! If you haven't been to all the stops before mine, you'll want to go back and see what you've missed! To start at the beginning, go to Kim's Blog HERE.

I made my project with the set Isabelle Paper Dolls, and I decorated a tin to hold the pieces. The paper is Euphoria by BasicGrey. I stamped Isabelle and a couple of her animal friends on the front. I colored with Copics and paper pieced her clothes, then I sponged around the image with SU! Soft Sky ink. The image panel and mat were cut with Rectangle Nestabilities. The sentiment is from What's the Story?. I thought it was perfect to use with this set -- my girls have been creating stories with these pieces all day! :)

I pierced two holes in the top of the tin and knotted ribbon inside to create a little handle, so it can be carried anywhere!

I made the paper dolls into magnetic dolls by stamping the images in Jet Black Stazon onto a magnetic sheet. I purchased the sheets at Staples. They have a glossy white front, and they are actually meant for printing out photos to create photo magnets. I colored the images with Copics. Here's my advice: heat set the ink for a looooong time before you color so you don't get black ink smeared into your coloring. Ask me how I know this...

The magnetic sheets are very thin and cut very smoothly. That was the easy part. ;)


Here is Isabelle as a mermaid. My girls have been calling her Ariel! :)

Since my oldest daughter's high school mascot is a panda, I had to turn the bear costume into a panda. Doesn't she look so cute?


I've had so much fun with this set -- I've had fun with all the new MFT sets! Be sure to join us at the MFT Forum tonight at 9:00 pm for the release party!

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit! Now, the next stop on the Blog Hop is Cindy Haffner's Blog -- she's sure to have some eye candy for you! Enjoy! :)


42 comments:

Jessie/knightrone said...

OMGosh..this is TOTALLY fabulous!!

Kerry Johnson said...

Love it!! So super adorable!

Maren said...

So cute! I love the panda!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Paper Doll Set! I Love It!

Jackie Pedro said...

Darling, Christina!!

Shannan Teubner said...

So precious!! I love your panda!

Ana Wohlfahrt said...

How sweet!! I love the panda bear version!!

Jody Morrow said...

Your set is soooooooooooo cute! I love it! :)

Kisa Peters said...

Darling! Great idea about the photo paper too!

Sew Club said...

Love it, Christina!

Tink said...

I LOVE it! I have a 3 year old that would LOVE the magnetic paper dolls!!

Maureen said...

Very adorable...
reen

Candice said...

This is SO sweet, Christina!! I love how you turned the bear into a Panda - how cute is that!?

Michelle Giraud said...

This is adorable. I love the black and white one!

Becky Rusher said...

I love your paper dolls! So cute!

Janna said...

This is such a super cute idea!! Beautiful job on this project!

Smiles,

Janna

Dawn Easton said...

Yeah Christina! This is ADORABLE girl!! love it!

Donna Baker said...

so cute! love your coloring & colors you used on the front. see ya tonight!

Molly B said...

Super cute! I love the panda! -Molly B

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Christina! This is so darn cute! A girl is going to have fun with this adorable set. Love them in a tin! Perfect Christmas gift! You ROCK!

Robin said...

Great idea with the magnetic sheets!! You always have such great inspirations.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous!!! Loving the tin and the handle at the top for easy carrying!! CUTE!! :) TFS!

Cindy Haffner said...

Way so cute.

Kelly said...

Very, very cute! I'm lovin' this set!

Unknown said...

So sweet! Love it! LOL about smeary stazon. ;-)

Marnie said...

Adorable and I love your coloring technique really makes them pop!

SPottsie Dog said...

These are adorable! I can't wait to get to Staples and give the magnets a whirl.

Michelle said...

What a great idea...this is so cute! Awesome!!!

Betty J Schaub said...

These staqmps are just too darn cute and everyone has done such magnificent jobs creating, including YOU!

Alex said...

How totally cute!!!! WOW, I love this Christina! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Unknown said...

This is such a perfect gift for a little girl. The stamps are so cute.
What will you think of next?? ....you're amazing!
-Cher

JessicaK said...

So cute - I LOVE that panda version!

diane zechman said...

very cute project!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Awesome!

Marilyn Hitterman said...

Adorable tin with handles!! Pretty creative!

Scrappy said...

Great Job! Love 'em!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

OMG!! So cute! Lovin that panda bear!!!

Anonymous said...

Great JOB!! Love the paper doll, your Flopsey... I love them all!

Joy said...

oh WOW! what a great idea to make with the tin! who would have thought to do that...I will definitely have to try this out. how did you punch the hole through the tin? with a crop-a-dile? you have to teach me! TFS!

Ticia said...

Very very cute. By the way- Your link to your blog from your photo of this on splitcoaststampers is missing the . between ink and blogspot so the link itself is not working.

Leticia

Anonymous said...

What an ADORABLE idea!!!! My daughter would FLIP! (And nothing like learning from experience, huh?) :)

Christi Flores said...

Awesome Christina!!!!! Wow!!