Friday, December 26, 2008

A Gingersnaps Review

Hello, everyone! Happy Friday to you! I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas! Mine was truly wonderful. We spent Christmas Eve with Chris's family. Yesterday we stayed home all day! My parents and grandma came over in the morning for breakfast and gift exchanges, and the rest of the day was spent just relaxing and being together. It couldn't have been better! :)

Today's it's back to business -- but it's all fun! At All That Scraps we're doing a review of the recently released Gingersnaps sets, Snowbunnies and Angels Everywhere. They are available in rubber and as digi downloads! For both cards, I used the Garland collection of papers by Scenic Route. I am in *love* with the colors and patterns -- they're not just for Christmas!


On the first card, I started paper piecing and couldn't stop!! I pieced the jacket, scarf and hat with the paper, and I pieced the boots and hearts with SU! Riding Hood Red cardstock. I did lots of machine stitching on the paper panels. I used Liquid Applique on the pom poms and boot cuffs, and I heated it to make it puffy.

On the second card, I paper pieced her dress, pierced the scallops, and sponged around the image circle.


Stop by the ATS Blog today to see what the rest of the Design Team did with these adorable images!

For all of you after-Christmas shoppers out there, Christine is having a sale on all C.C. Designs images! They are 15% off through Sunday, December 28! If you've had any on your wish list, now is the time to get 'em! :)

That's all I have for today! Thank you so much for visiting -- I'm so glad you stopped by! Have a fantastic day! :)

Snowbunny Card:
Stamps: Gingersnaps Snowbunnies, Sugarplums Sentiments (C.C. Designs) Ink: Momento Rich Cocoa (Tsukineko) Cardstock: Riding Hood Red, Old Olive, Very Vanilla (SU!) Paper: Garland (Scenic Route) Other: Copic markers; Very Vanilla taffeta ribbon Felt Flurries (SU!), Poinsettia Dew Drops (Robin's Nest); Liquid Applique; Heat Tool; Icicle Stickles (Ranger); white gel pen, dimensionals, sewing machine

Angel Card:
Stamps: Gingersnaps Angels Everywhere, Sugarplums Sentiments (C.C. Designs) Ink: Momento Rich Cocoa (Tsukineko) Cardstock: Cameo Coral, Riding Hood Red, Old Olive, Very Vanilla (SU!) Paper: Garland (Scenic Route) Other: Copic markers; Poinsettia Dew Drops (Robin's Nest); Riding Hood Red striped grosgrain, silver cord (SU!); Mega Circle Punch, Giga Scalloped Circle Punch (Marvy Uchida); Stardust Stickles (Ranger); white gel pen, sponge, dimensionals

12 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Awesome cards Christina! Love the paper piecing! Totally adorable and I love that DP!

Anonymous said...

These are SOOO cute, Christina! I love all the paper-piecing! I'm so glad you had such a nice Christmas! :)

Jessie/knightrone said...

These are just too cute..hope you had a fabulous holiday!!

Janneke said...

wow your cards are so cute ;)

X Janneke

Amy Johnson said...

I'm glad you had such a nice Christmas. I love your cards. The papers and colors are so pretty and the images are adorable. I love how you paper pieced all their outfits and put liquid applique on the pom poms. great job!

Jackie Pedro said...

These cards are ADORABLE! I especially love the first one! I'm glad you had a wonderful Christmas!!!

Christi Flores said...

Both of your cards are adorable!! What sweet images!

Karen Motz said...

LOVE both of these cards. Your paper piecing and all the details are just perfect!

Jeanette - said...

Christina - these are adorable!!! I especially love the Snowbunny one. Just perfect!!!

diane zechman said...

I love all the fun papers you used! Especially the paper pieced hat & coat! too cute.

Amy Rohl said...

Christina, your paper pieced cuties couldn't be more adorable!

Glad you had a wonderful Christmas, sounds like a very relaxing holiday for you and yours!

Thanks for the recipe/blog link...going to check it out right now!

Amy

Allison said...

I love these. The colours are so bright and cheery!