Saturday, December 20, 2008

Celebrating MFT!

Hello! Happy Saturday! Only FIVE more days 'til Christmas (but you probably didn't need that reminder, did you?)!! ;)

It's the 20th of the month, and that means it's Celebrate MFT Day at My Favorite Things. If you have MFT stamps, get 'em inky! And, if you can, use the MFT colors of pink, black and white. Here's my card, made with Baby It's Cold Outside. It has to be one of my favorite MFT sets ever!


I paper pieced her coat and colored the rest of the image with Copics. I added Stickles to the snowman and ground, and I used a white gel pen to make the snow in the sky. I sponged around the edge of the circle with Regal Rose ink. The background was embossed with my Cuttlebug and Snowflakes folder.

I have a lot to celebrate on this particular MFT Day -- wanna know why?? You know I've had a blast as a member of the December Temp Team, right? Well, I received a call from Kim van der Sanden last week, and she asked me to stay on as a member of the MFT DT!!!! I'm still kind of in shock -- that team is full of stamping rock stars! I'm so thankful and so excited!! :) I officially begin with the January 7 release -- you're gonna love it! :)

Thanks for visiting today, and thanks for celebrating MFT with me! Chris and I are off to do a little last minute shopping -- I hope you all have a fantastic day! Thanks for stopping by! :)

Stamps: Baby, It's Cold Outside (MFT) Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black (Tsukineko) Cardstock: Basic Black, Regal Rose (SU!) Paper: Sweet Always dsp (SU!) Other: Ciao markers (Copic); Cuttlebug, Snowflakes folder (Provo Craft); Lace Edge punch (Martha Stewart); Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders); Icicle Stickles, Frosted Lace Stickles (Ranger); black brads, silver cord, dimensionals, sponge (SU!); black dotted organdy ribbon (May Arts)

13 comments:

Marcie Sharp said...

Congrats on joining the MFT team! That's fantastic news- looking forward to seeing more of your MFT work in January- as well as all the other great stuff you do!!

kareN stampZ said...

wow another design team (I'm not surprised as you're amazing).

I'd like to wish you a blessed & joyful Christmas.

Karen xox

Jackie Pedro said...

They just added one more Rock Star IMO!! Congratulations, Christina!!

Your card is so cute...love the scallops at the bottom!!!

Donna Baker said...

I 2nd Jackie's comment - YOU are a stamping ROCK STAR too so it totally makes sense to me she would ask you! congratulations, you know I am HAPPY for you!!! love your card - thanks for the reminder of MFT day (better go stamp something with my NEW MFT stamps!)

Tina said...

Wow, congrats! Your card is lovely and I will agree with the previous posters that you are, in fact, a rock star stamper!!

Kerry Johnson said...

Congrats Christina! You rock! What a nice Christmas present for you! Can't wait to see what you have in store for us!

Cathy Rulli said...

Congrats!!! A well deserved honor! Enjoy and happy holidays!

Amy Johnson said...

What a fabulous card! I love the colors, layout, paper, ribbon, and the punched border. I'm so happy your staying on with the MFT team, MFT is one of my favorite stamp companies, and I'd love to see more of your creations of their images.

Anonymous said...

YOU are a rock star, Christina! They're lucky to have you--just look at this card--it's no wonder you were invited to stay! Enjoy doing what you SO love to do, and have a very merry Christmas!!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Congratulations Christina..You belong to the MFT team, your cards, and projects Rock and you are so sweet. Happy Holidays to you and your family!

Allison said...

This is gorgeous. I love the colours. I just bought this set but have yet to have time to actually ink it up!

Anonymous said...

SO pretty, Christina! I love the pink with the white doily punch! And congrats on joining the MFT team!! You're a GREAT addition!

Scrappychick said...

Congrats!! so glad yo are finally a permanent member!