Wednesday, December 17, 2008

BC Dzyns Release Blog Hop!

Today My Favorite Things is releasing another set by BC Dzyns, and you've come to my stop on the Release Blog Hop! If you've just come from Natalie's Blog, welcome! If you haven't seen all the other samples so far, you'll want to start at Kim's Blog and catch up!

This Daydreamer comes with so many great sentiments for her "thoughts'"-- some serious, some sassy! It's definitely a fun set with many possibilities!

I colored with Copics and paper pieced her shirt. The thought cloud was cut out, sponged, and mounted on dimensionals. I added Gemstones to the little bubbles. There is faux stitching around the image panel and between the dp panels. This card is actually the finished product of my Faux Stitching Tutorial on the How'd They Do That? Forum -- check it out if you have a minute! :)

Well, there's more to see, so you'd better get going! Your next stop on the Blog Hop is the amazingly talented Cindy Haffner-- enjoy! Thanks for stopping by! :)

Stamps: Daydreamer (BC Dzyns) Ink: Momento Rich Cocoa (Tsukineko) Cardstock: Kiwi Kiss, Close to Cocoa (SU!) Paper: Offbeat 6x6 pad (BasicGrey) Other: Ciao markers (Copic); paper piercing tool and mat pack, Kiwi Kiss ribbon, Pretties Kit brad (SU!); Hydrangea flowers (Prima); Gemstones (Hero Arts); black gel pen, sponge, dimensionals

18 comments:

Kerry Johnson said...

Gorgeous card Christina!

StampOwl said...

love it ...esp love the use of the gemstones for the thought bubble

Janna said...

I am in love with your coloring on this card!! It is amazing!!! The embellishments and layout are perfect as well!! Sunning!

Smiles,
Janna

Maren said...

Fantastically fun color combo for this sassy girl! Gorgeous coloring!

Betty J Schaub said...

Beautiful! I love the colors in your card and the pp are lovely too.

Candice said...

Oh my - I LOVE this Christina - the colors are just beautiful!!!

Unknown said...

LOVE it! the colors are fabulous and your coloring is just blow me away amazing!!

Tink said...

Beautiful!

Tina said...

Great card, colored beautifully!

Karen said...

Great colors!

Jody Morrow said...

gorgeous card! I love the color combo!

Cindy Haffner said...

She is gorgeous.

Marcie Sharp said...

I love your choice of patterned papers! I'm off to pull out MY Basic Grey and get to work!

Julie said...

Amazing! I love the Basic Grey papers and your coloring!

Ginny said...

looks great...LOVE the speech bubble

Amy Johnson said...

Fabulous! I love the colors/papers! Great coloring too!

Melanie Pickering said...

Thanks for the tutorial on the faux stitching, Christina! My "real" machine stitching always comes out too tight and never looks like other people's stitching... I think I'll ditch the machine and "faux stitch" from now on!
Your card is awesome, by the way :)

Kim said...

I love it! She's beautiful!