Wednesday, February 25, 2009

What's Up Wednesday

Happy Wednesday! I'm the hostess for today's What's Up Wednesday Challenge on the MFT Forum at Splitcoaststampers. The challenge is to use your MFT stamps to make your own designer paper!

To create mine, I grouped the mugs from Hot Stuff together on an acrylic block, then I stamped them repeatedly on a "solid" piece of Bittersweet paper in Chocolate chip craft ink. I heat embossed with clear embossing powder to create a textured design on my background paper.

I finished the card by paper piecing the dress on the focal image and coloring the rest with Copics. I sponged around the image panel and sentiment with SU! Pink Pirouette ink. The ribbon is from May Arts.


Before I go, I want to share the card I made for yesterday's SCS Color Challenge. I had a busy day yesterday and didn't get a chance to post it! I love the beautiful summery color combination. I needed to make a sympathy card, so I used the set Comfort & Peace by Gina K. Designs.

The background was embossed with my Cuttlebug and Floral Screen folder. I used the Top Note Die on the cardstock and Bella Rose dp. I inked the image with SU! markers, and I sponged around the image and sentiment. The beautiful May Arts ribbon perfectly matched the challenge colors!

Guess what?? Tomorrow begins previews of the All That Scraps March stamps! They are so cute and springy -- I hope you'll stop back to see 'em! Thanks so much for visiting with me today!

Have a great day!
Christina

6 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Your MFT card is awesome with your fab paper piecing! Hope to have time to play along with that challenge!

Your CC card is beautiful and makes a wonderful sympathy card. I'm sorry you had to make one though :(

Tricia T said...

Love the colors on the MFT card and your "homemade" dp is fabulous! :) I always love your cards!!

Jackie Pedro said...

Love your MFT card! The colors are wonderful!

You color challenge card is gorgeous! I was skeered to use these colors but you made them so beautiful together!!!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Great challenge. I love your coffee cup background. I hope to finally get back to the challenges soon. I missed last week. Darn it when life gets crazy!!
Your other one with oranges,greens and yellows is so bright and will brighten someones day!

Tracey said...

Gorgeous cards Christina! Both so different yet both beautiful!

Jessie/knightrone said...

These are both fabulous!!