Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Things Are Getting Twisted!

Hey there! You've come to my stop on the MFT *Twisted* Blog Hop!! If you've just come from Michele's blog, welcome! If you haven't taken part in all the twisted fun so far, then twist on back to Kim's blog and catch up... I'll wait! :)

My Favorite Things just released the much-awaited sequel to Twisted Sentiments -- it's Twisted Too! Not for the faint of heart, this stamp set is twisted and oh so hilarious! Use it to say JUST the right thing... when the right thing may be SO wrong. I chose one of the "milder" sentiments for my card... because I could so relate to it! I mean really, what could be better than some private time with chocolate ice cream after one of THOSE days?!?

I used another new MFT release on this card -- the Summer Collection 6x6 paper pack! I paper pieced her clothes and colored the rest of the image (from Here's the Scoop) with Prismacolor pencils and OMS.

This card was so much fun to make! I have big plans for some of the other sentiments in the set, too, since I have many twisted friends! ;)

I hope you enjoyed your stop here -- now twist over to see what the amazingly talented Candice Lighty has in store for you!

Thanks for visiting!
Christina

Stamps: Here's the Scoop, Twisted Too (MFT) Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko) Cardstock: Cool Caribbean, Real Red, Regal Rose (SU!) Paper: Summer Collection 6x6 pack (MFT) Other: Prismacolor pencils, OMS, blending stumps; Cuttlebug, Spots & Dots embossing folder (Provo Craft); ladybug blossoms braddies (Doodlebug); white grosgrain ribbon (SU!); Cotton Candy Stickles (Ranger); Lace Edge punch (Martha Stewart); dimensional squares

36 comments:

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is completely fabulous!! Love it girlie!!

JessicaK said...

Gorgeous coloring. And you got these from prismacolors? I'm going to have to try the blending technique.

Jacqueline said...

Gorgeous colors!! Love this!!

Jacqueline said...

Gorgeous colors!! Love this!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Love those colors, awesome job.

Gabby said...

Love it! Love the colors used! And lol for going "mild". I know we all have some of those days!

Ginny said...

love everything about this card :0)

Deb Neerman said...

LOVE everything about this card ... right down to your absolutely perfect mat layers!!

And that sentiment just rocks ... great card!

Plus you're cute ...

Chriss Blagrave said...

great job on the card and paper piecing!

Kelli Hull said...

Mild or not, this card is GREAT!!!! LOVE those papers...

Amy Sheffer said...

Love this, Christina! Fantastic coloring, and I love her pieced outfit!

Tammy Nichols said...

I Love these colors!

Jody Morrow said...

Love your card! I was on the same wave-length and used the same sentiment. LOL

Alli Miles said...

Gorgeous card--great colour combo and colouring too!!

Cathy said...

Love your colors, nice job

StampOwl said...

GMTA ... love your card

Tracey said...

Beautiful card! Love the image & sentiment!!

Anonymous said...

So cute, Christina! I love the layout and your paper-piecing on her outfit!

Diane said...

Wow! Love~love the colors of this card.....and the sentiment..."ain't that the truth"!!!

Stampin Cats said...

Great card. I do agree.....that is one of the milder sentiments inthe set. Doesn't everyone eat ice cream out of the carton? I do. Love it anyway.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Fabulous card!! Love the colors,imagem and that sentiment!

Candice said...

This is gorgeous, Christina!! You gals are making me want to bust out my Primas and OMS - hmmm...I feel a personal challenge coming on - LOL!! Fabulous job!!!

Amber (bambi64) said...

Love it, love it, love it! And today is defintely one of those days!

Jeanette - said...

Great card Christina! I love the colors and her paper pieced outfit! What a fun sentiment!!!

Holly aka Toy said...

Right on, Christina! I wish I had this set.. it goes PERFECTLY with this twisted sentiment! You rocked it, girl!

Dawn Easton said...

So cute Christina! Love all the paper piecing!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

It's about time you and I are serving on a DT together, don't you think?!?! I LOVE this card, Christina -- so bright, fun & YOU!!!

AShu93 said...

The card is beautiful! You do s nice job of coloring & that sentiment is hilarious.

Anonymous said...

Christina your card is beautiful and colored so pretty. I want a chair like that! hehe

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! That is me EVERY night lol. :)

Carolyn King said...

BEAUTIFUL coloring---love this!!! TOO Funny!

Karen Motz said...

LOVE it! The sentiment it just perfect for this image. Your colours and layout are awesome too. :)

Elena said...

The card is so much fun! Love the layout!!!

Wendi Hayes said...

Love the card. Great colors.

Melanie said...

Is there any other kid of day??!! very cute!!

Anonymous said...

Love the colouring, love the layout...I just love how you put all of it together to make a fabulous card!!

Hugs

~Spike