Thursday, February 12, 2009

Luv U!

Hello! Happy Thursday to you! I'm moving in slow motion today -- I am not winning the battle against this cold! UGH! I had to get off the couch and DO something, so I made this card. The layout is from this week's MFT Sketch Challenge. I also did this week's MFT What's Up Wednesday Challenge to use acetate.

I embossed the acetate with my Cuttlebug and Heart Blocks folder, then I machine stitched it to the dp. I stamped Flopsey on shimmery white paper and colored with Copics. I paper pieced the heart with the dp.

FYI: For my acetate, I use Write-on Transparency Sheets from Staples. I got a box of 100 for $20-something.

That's all for today! Thanks so much for the visit! I'm so glad you stopped by! :)

Have a fantastic day!
Christina

Stamps: Valentine Flopsey (MFT) Ink: Momento Rich Cocoa (Tsukineko), Close to Cocoa (SU!) Cardstock: Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Shimmery White (SU!) Paper: Bittersweet 6x6 pad (BasicGrey) Other: acetate, Cuttlebug, Heart Blocks embossing folder, Circle Nestabilities, Bittersweet buttons, Prima hydrangeas, May Arts dotted organdy ribbon, dimensionals, glue dots, sponge, sewing machine


6 comments:

Christi Flores said...

OMG is this the cutest!!!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Oh christina this is so cute. Glad you got off the couch, but take care of YOU! Hugs,and hope you feel better soon.

Tracey said...

This is absolutely adorable Christina!! Love Flopsey!

Joey said...

Hi Christina, your card is absolutely stunning, I have never thought of embossing acetate through the cuttlebug, might just attempt that! thanks for the inspiration. hope you are feeling better soon. joey.xxx

Jackie Pedro said...

I hope you're feeling better soon, Christina! This card is just darling! I love the stitching!

Anonymous said...

So sweet, Christina! I love your flower/ribbon!! Gorgeous!