Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunday Supper: Easy Pot Roast

Happy Sunday, everyone! We have finally thawed around here -- the temps have been in the 50's for the last couple days, and all the snow is melted!! It's amazing how much my mood has changed now that I can see the grass again! :)

Today's Sunday Supper recipe is a tasty and easy pot roast recipe. I have found that I am relying on my crock-pot more often again as we work around meetings and practices!

Easy Pot Roast and Veggies
from the Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook

3-4 lb. chuck roast
4 medium-sized potatoes, cubed
4 medium-sized carrots, sliced, or 1 lb. baby carrots
2 celery ribs, sliced thin, optional
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
3 cups water

Put roast, potatoes, carrots and celery in slow cooker
Add onion soup mix and water
Cover. Cook on Low 6-8 hours.

Variation: Before putting roast in cooker, sprinkle it with the dry soup mix, patting it on so it adheres.


Before I go, I want to share a photo of Kyle and Megan, taken before they went to the Valentine's Dance last night. I was able to get them together before Kyle left to pick up his date. It's always a good thing when they're dressed up AND smiling! :) Megan is actually much shorter than Kyle, but she was wearing 4" heels!!

Enjoy your Sunday, everyone -- don't forget to spend some time around the supper table!

Have a great day!
Christina

1 comment:

Susie said...

Beautiful and handsome kids! I just made this pot roast last week. It always turns out so tender and good. I like to brown the roast on both sides before putting it into the crock pot. Yuummm.