Thursday, February 5, 2009

Valentine Treats

Happy Thursday, everyone! Today I have a couple Valentine treats to share with you. The first is for this week's ATS Challenge to make -- you guessed it -- Valentine Treats!

I used some Scenic Route paper to cover a little mailbox from Target. I put some Prima flowers, a Doodlebug Braddie, and a Heidi Swapp Ghost Shape heart on the mailbox flag. The image and sentiments are from the C.C. Designs set Hey Cupid!. I colored with Copics and put Star Dust Stickles on her wings. I sponged around the image and tag with SU! Regal Rose ink.

I used the MFT Chocolate Kiss digi papers to make the next little box. I printed the papers on SU! shimmery white cardstock -- so pretty IRL! I paper pieced Digital Girl and colored the rest of the image with Copics. I added three BasicGrey buttons and some SU! ribbon to the front of the box. I am really loving the MFT Digi Papers -- try them if you haven't already!!

I hope these projects give you some ideas for your own Valentine treats! I can't believe Valentine's Day is almost here! Wasn't it just Christmas?!?

I'm looking forward to regrouping a little bit today -- it's been a crazy week already! I've had two stamp releases, 5 more inches of snow Tuesday, and Chris and Caroline home sick yesterday! Yikes!!! I'm going to do a little "fun stamping" today -- I hope you'll stop back tomorrow to see what I come up with! :) Thanks so much for visiting!

Have a wonderful day!
Christina

15 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

These are darling, Christina!! I LOVE the mailbox!!

Anonymous said...

This is sooooo adorable, I wish we could get those in Canada :(

Dawn Easton said...

Both are so fun Christina!!! I have quite a few of those mailboxes...thanks for the inspiration!

Sorry you have sickies in the house :( Brian and I are both sick too...hoping it doesn't get passed onto Chloe!

Allison said...

Both of these are so cute! Love the tin!

Lesa said...

Awwwwwwww!!!! You did a fabulous job with both of these. I love your stuff girl! :) Go away sickies!

Alex said...

Really cute projects Christina - love them!! How did you make the box, it's really adorable! I hope everyone feels better soon!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Rachel said...

Christina, these are great! wayyy 2 adorable!

Jeanette - said...

Both are great Christina!! I LOVE the way you did circles on the front of the mailbox, really, really cute! I hope everyone feels better soon!

diane zechman said...

such cute treats, Christina! I have a bag full of those mailboxes from 2 years ago. LOL. Think I need to use 'em? ;0)

Christi Flores said...

How awesome! I am in LOVE with that mailbox!!!

Melody said...

These are both so cute. Love the little box. I think I will be casing it!

Unknown said...

Hope everyone is feeling better... that mailbox is just the CUTEST!! I love the little accents on the flag!

Anonymous said...

These mailboxes are looking so beautiful… Chocolates are best treat for Valentines Day...

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, these are both adorable, Christina! I love the mailbox! And the paper-piecing on the box is wonderful! :)

Alli Miles said...

Gorgeous creations Christina!!