Friday, February 6, 2009

Blessings

Happy Friday! I have a Springy card for you today! I'm just reeeeeeeaaaaally tired of cold, ice and snow, so I'm dreaming of warmer days ahead! :) This is also for yesterday's Ways to Use It Challenge at SCS. The challenge is to pile up your embellishments!

This Girl with Basket is from American Art Stamp. I stamped the image in Basic Black ink and watercolored using SU! markers and an Aquapainter. I sponged around the image and sentiment, and I lightly distressed all the edges. I was happy to find some Le Jardin DP in my stash -- I love the soft, springy colors!
I had some fun layering the embellishments. I used a combination of ribbon, chipboard, Prima, Martha Stewart punches, and a button! I covered the chipboard flourish with Old Olive craft ink and sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds glitter over it while still wet.

I'm really happy with this card... and I'm really ready for spring! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Have a fantastic Friday!
Christina

6 comments:

Jeanette - said...

Very pretty Christina!! That was a fun challenge wasn't it? I'm with you on the snow. :)

Dawn Easton said...

Oh I'm so ready for spring too! Unfortunately we still have a couple months of winter where I live :( So your card really cheers me up! It's wonderful Christina!

Heather Ulmer said...

aww so cute and springy! I love all the layers

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh....love all your layered embellishments! I want spring too!

Pat S. said...

Hi Christina!
This is one of my favorite cards that you have ever done!

I absolutely love the colors, and the layout, and the embellishments...it just really comes together for me :)

Thanks for sharing!

Melody said...

I just got this stamp. Can't wait to ink it up. Love the colors you used.